Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 145
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Double Dragon Neon  (Read 2685 times)

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
Double Dragon Neon
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »
Hey guys,

There's a new Double Dragon game coming out for XBLA and PSN. Look it up on YouTube, I think it looks great ;D They said that it could be played simultaneously online or with someone that's sitting right next to you.

And better yet, the developers said they would like to have the Battletoads characters as DLC :wow!: Now THAT would be awesome! Though at first, I'll admit, I was really skeptical about that. Here's hoping that Rare will give them permission to use the Battletoads characters :praying:

Anyway, I think the game looks great and gonna buy it when it's released. I just hope my brother will like the game since he and I played Double Dragon a lot in the good ol' days.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:37:54 pm by MadGear »

Offline riccochet

• Thread Anarchist
Re: Double Dragon Neon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:42:11 am »
whatever happened to that other DD game for xbla, the 3d looking one that had a playable Marian wearing a skimpy kunoichi outfit.

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:58:21 am »
I have a feeling that game got cancelled. I'm not sure of course. I just never heard anything about it anymore.

Offline agu

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:54:20 am »
I was very sad, because not everyone has XBLA, and I doubt that out for PC, but we must recognize that it is an excellent game  :cheers!:
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »
It comes out in September. The release date was pushed back. By Majesco (Psychonauts) and Wayforward. (Contra 4). The only strike against it for me is that it's too cartoony. "Technos" Double Dragon had a more serious tone, "Rare" Double Dragon/Battletoads was always kinda stupid. They got their influence from the wrong game IMO.

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »
Maybe I'm being a little unfair on my judgement, but I don't like this game, after seeing some videos and interviews on youtube, I'm dissapointed. I jus only liked the hottest Linda ever.

- No remaps: This is debatable, maybe on the final version it will contains, but so far the enemies doesn't have remaps!!
-the gamplay looks very slow. Of course this may be improved for the final version, maybe.
- DD on Space?? what? they are nuts??? They removed the post-apocalyptic theme and the twins are going to space??? what's this?? DD and Battletoads again???
- the HIGH-FIVE: I hated it!!! The Dragon twins now look like two teenagers!! whay they turned the twins into Michaelangelo from TMNT??? I really disliked this "hey!! let's high five dude"!!! They look retarded.
- The creator said they was inspired by the scenery and the "corky" characters from "Big Troube in Little China"... wtf!!!

they turned the greatest martial arts on Bill and Ted!!!!!!

Sad that Yoshihisa Kishimoto (the "father" of DD) supports this.

Offline riccochet

• Thread Anarchist

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 01:10:22 am »
thinking again, Linda looks hot, but her looks doesn't fit DD, it's more fitting to Vendetta or Streets of Rage.

I'm even more dissapointed now:
-the game take place in the 80's?? WHAT????
-megabiker?? WTF!?
-Jimmy just a colour swap: that was ok 25 years ago!!

the Karate Master looks pretty good though.

Offline Mr.Q!

• The Godfather of Modding
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:23:42 pm »
This game is pure A$$, it doesn't even deserve a review

Offline pong_666

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:36:43 pm »
no doubt, game is garbage

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »
I did not get the chance to play this yet. PSN Store in Europe doesn't have it yet, but I really would like to give it a shot. Been a Double Dragon fan since the first game on the NES ;D

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 06:17:18 pm »
I'm clearly the minority here, because I absolutely love this game. I was never really a fan of the Double Dragon series... I can see the appeal, but I just never liked it. So I can't comment on whether Neon is "faithful" to the legacy of the series.

But as a game, though? Damn. I love it. It's like playing a movie/saturday morning cartoon from the mid-80's! The lingo? The music? The obvious reference to Skeletor from He-Man? "Bro-op??" Come on, guys! This game is so loveable! The gameplay's a little on the simple side, but the theming and charm make up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZNshBT0iUk

I mean jeez, I downloaded the OST for that one song alone!!

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »

It seems almost everybody loves that song. I've been hearing about it a lot. It is indeed a nice song, but I don't think its a Double Dragon song. A question to anyone who has beaten the game: Is the song of Mission 2 from the original DD in the game? That's one of my favorite songs from DD.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:46 am »
The move set is missing a lot of trademark Double Dragon staples, and that's pretty annoying. Even more so that one of the store NPC's even lampshades it saying he's glad the boys have moved on from knees and hair pulling. Wtf?! The overall fighting system is also way too "loose". I don't like the Castle Crashers "maybe you are comboing, maybe you are flailing" style that seems to be the norm for modern beat em' ups now, and I sure as heck can't stand buying/finding moves and "equipping" them to a separate trigger. The original games had all these so called extra moves and then some at your fingertips, and they did it using nothing more than a three (two on the nes) button layout!

The silly atmosphere is also a bit give and take. On its own I love it, but taken against the original series it's a bit grating.  The first and second Double Dragons were serious games; Billy and Jimmy are supposed to be (and were) street smart bad-asses, not a couple of punk kids who happen to know some moves.

Still, I am having a blast with the game. The use of NES DDII sprites for the map, 80's references galore, and a soundtrack that shows true love for the material while still adding its own flair? Yes please. Well worth 10 bones. Give it a try.

Agreed. Awesome track. The whole soundtrack just plain rocks.

DC

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:57:10 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline MadGear

• The Ultimate Team
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:04 am »
The move set is missing a lot of trademark Double Dragon staples, and that's pretty annoying. Even more so that one of the store NPC's even lampshades it saying he's glad the boys have moved on from knees and hair pulling. Wtf?!
Aww...no more knees to the faces? I loved doing that. Still, that doesn't stop me from giving the game a go when it's released here.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal