Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: World Heroes Supreme Justice (Pc,Linux,Mac only)  (Read 10843 times)

Offline esn23

Re: World Heroes Supreme Justice (PC,LINUX,MAC only)
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 12:09:41 am »
you for sure know what your doing when you mod games.  I hope one day to be as good as you..   One gripe i wish jane de arc would be a playable char she was my fav world hero :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:15:50 am by esn23 »

Offline magggas

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:18 am »
you for sure know what your doing when you mod games.  I hope one day to be as good as you..   One gripe i wish jane de arc would be a playable char she was my fav world hero :(

Yeah,thank you but,i donīt think iīm doing something that other people canīt do.Itīs all about giving time and interest on modding.So,giving time and try and try and make a lot of mistakes,then try again and then,all this time of trys and mistakes will turn into experience.
And during all this time,will for sure come some imagination to create something nice. ;)

Anyways,aside of all this above,this WH mod would never be like that without the script functions from Bloodbane and DC.
That means we have to thank them a lot for this :cheers!:

So,scripting is important thing to know and i donīt known how to make scripts by my self.For now i just learned how to use some of them :blushing:

As about an update of this mod...i will try to make an update.
Actually my problem on that is that i have a lot of real life problems the last space which have to do with my health and my job.
So,i will start to add more playable characters and modes as a lot of you have requested guys,but please show some patience because i donīt known how many time i will need,because of the problems i said above.

Offline darknior

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 11:20:20 am »
Thanks a lot for this :D

Take your time, real lie is the more important !

Offline volcanic

• Nobody
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »
This game is almost perfect except some small polish such as the bbox for some moves.
More playable characters is very direct to increasing the fun.
I personal hope Jane could join in too.
Thank you Magggas.

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:41 am »
This game is really nice as it is: there's not the need to add playable charas or whatever ;)

Offline skeletor-ex

• Remind me to kick Capcom in the face...!
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »
I still think Janne should have her own game set in her own time period. I just think it would fit her character better. but that's just me. I'm fine with your game as it is...

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 05:30:53 pm »
THis can be a special Jeanne Mode...

Offline magggas

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 08:47:00 am »
This game is almost perfect except some small polish such as the bbox for some moves.
More playable characters is very direct to increasing the fun.
I personal hope Jane could join in too.
Thank you Magggas.

Yeah,i know,some bboxs on some special moves are off but this is for reason like that,since i was tested this on many different situations with and without bbox and then i was decided to have it like this.

Now i have already started with J.Maximum as playable and iīm planing to add Janne,C.Kidd,and Son Gokuu as playable chars too.About how will be the extra modes i canīt say now.
Thank you all guys for the feedback :cheers!:

Ah,and for those who donīt known,Son Gokuu is from the Sega s Saturn version of the WH Perfect game.Here some images:

Offline Kyojinmaru

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2012, 09:20:08 am »
Now i have already started with J.Maximum as playable and iīm planing to add Janne,C.Kidd,and Son Gokuu as playable chars too.About how will be the extra modes i canīt say now.
Thank you all guys for the feedback :cheers!:
Wow, with this we have 10 characters, and it's a very good selection of them. I was expecting Gokuu, awesome!

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2012, 07:27:01 pm »
Gokuu sounds familiar. I thought I heard his name somewhere (I'm not assuming/thinking Dragon Ball Z's Goku). I think I only saw him on Mugen, but I didn't know he's only for Sega Saturn.

I have a question to ask about bosses. Are you gonna remain them to stay as 6 stage bosses like the way it is, or are you gonna add some more of them? I'm just asking if you have a plan to do it.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2012, 12:49:39 am »
Son Goku, Gokuu etc.- They are all borrowed from the same source/character in Journey to the West, Sun WuKong a.k.a Monkey King (sometimes known as Monkey Magic because of the song in the TV series 'Monkey') http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

Son Goku in Dragonball is loosely based on the same character. Countless stories, books, cartoons, movies, games etc. borrow/steal from journey to the west.

Offline volcanic

• Nobody
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2012, 02:28:17 am »
Wow, that's awesome.
Son Gokuu's graphic fits the game very well.
I'm waiting for this.
Good luck to your game and real life.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »
Excellent module. Loved the Double Dragon inspired fighting system and real grappling moves.

My only complaint is that special moves aside, all the heroes basically play the same, and some weird liberties have been taken with their move sets: Why the pixelated redrawing of Fuuma's Knockdown kick when the original already looks great? I figure maybe you wanted it to visually match the reach it has, but the original would have still looked better using the same attack box IMO. Same goes for the weird spin kick Royko uses - the original sprite set has tons of unused animations that would have worked for that purpose.

I can respect you not wanting to add the super moves in to keep a more grounded feel, but some of the other omissions really hurt and would be fairly easy to incorporate. One of the main things that makes World Heroes so great and IMO far ahead of its time were the unique character abilities that were seamlessly made into their overall game play. Your module should reflect this. Here are a few examples:

Hanzou:

-Double Jump.

-Teleport. If you don't want to incorporate it as a separate move, why not at least make that his sidestep? That would give him a unique feel compared to Fumma and the others.

-Izuna slash (drops from the air with this sword). Just like in the original game, it can do heavy damage but bounce him away to prevent combos or punish a miss. Map it to DN + Punch.

-Knockdown kick should really flatten the victim, just like in original game. IOW, very little lift but a lot of horizontal velocity, and bowling others over along the way. Reduce damage if you want to balance it out a bit.

Fuuma:

-Double Jump.

-Use his original Forward + Close HK animation unmodified instead of the tweaked version you have now, and have it knock the opponent up as a juggle setup. Again, you can reduce the damage to balance.

-Knockdown punch should be different than Hanzou's. How about using the Standing HP (what you are now using for sidestep + P)? Use the Standing Close HP (uppercut) for his sidestep and run attack. This would separate him from Hanzou a bit, and also draw inspiration from WH2. Remember in that game Fuuma and Hanzou had an auto combo by tapping punch, and Fuuma's ended with the standing HP.

-Needs his air to ground throw. I'd map it to F+P when VERY close to standing opponent's head during a jump.

-His air to air throw? Might be pointless since air to air encounters are rare, but it would be cool to have for juggle finishing.

-Wall jump? Ryoko defiantly needs it, and if she gets her's might as well give Fumma his.

Sura:

-Tiger Claw probably would work better as his running P. In a beat-em' up there really isn't much point in it being a command special. Having a more powerful running attack than the others that is on par with a special move would give Sura a bit of pizzaz he lacks right now.

-Same goes for Double Kick as a running K.

-Mutai Kick needs to be controllable in the air and hit on the way down. It isn't hard to add.

Ryoko:

-Desperately needs her counter throw. Mapped to P+K (NO energy loss) in place of that mismatched hurricane kick would be perfect. P+K puts her in the brief catch pose and has her immediately counter throw any incoming attack from either direction. It would be balanced too vs. the other character's P+K moves, since the counter would only work against one character at a time  and require good timing.

-Get rid of that customized knockdown kick. The animation is very awkward and doesn't match anything else from her style. Use one of the original animations - there are plenty to choose from. My suggestion would be to use her original crouching HK for your running and sidestep attacks, then use her standing HK for her knockdown kick.

-Her running throw should probably be mapped to F+P while running VERY close to opponent. It would just segue into the beat em' up style smoother.

-Remove that bounce move - she doesn't need it, especially with Janne about to show up. Instead, give her a wall jump and her air to air throw. I can show you how.

Muscle Power:

-Also needs his counter grab. Make it better than Ryoko's just like in the original by having him reach out and grab standing or jumping enemies for a light damage throw even if he isn't attacked.

These suggestions aside, I really enjoyed the pace of things. The traps, the music, and the feel are all top notch, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with. Two  :cheers!: :cheers!: for you!

DC
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:17:36 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline magggas

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »
Why the pixelated redrawing of Fuuma's Knockdown kick when the original already looks great? I figure maybe you wanted it to visually match the reach it has, but the original would have still looked better using the same attack box IMO.
The original is actually for close attack and canīt be used for the attack rage i wanted.As you can see in image below,there is an 25 pixels difference.

But you are right,the custom looks pixeled and i have to fixe it.

Double Jump/Wall Jump
Well,you have already suggested both in past some times and you asked if i wanted to know how to make these functions.Then i was said both times that i like to known how,but you never answered back.Sure it does not mater but,i just feel that i have to say that as you suggest again this now.

Anyways,aside this,it will look nice to add them but i feel like  these abilities would be actually useless for my mod.
About air throw for Ryoko,she have it already and works nice without the need of Double Jump.It works by pressing the Punch botton in air wile you are close to an flying enemy.

Hanzou:

-Teleport. If you don't want to incorporate it as a separate move, why not at least make that his sidestep? That would give him a unique feel compared to Fumma and the others.

Yeah,this move i wanted too and i agree about the unique feel when you teleport but..what will happen then with his sidescroll attacks?My opinion was that they would not fit if i was use the Teleport for sidescrolling.

About the suggestions to replace animations with other animations on basic moves,iīm not fully agree for the most of them,since already tested a lot of different animations during the production and then decided to make them how they are.

As about the rest special moves suggestions,some of them sounds cool,like the counter grab as example.I actually wanted to add this for Muscle Power but i was just lazy. :blushing:

Thank you very much for your feedback,and sory if my answers have not cover all your points/suggestions.
Like you said,letīs see what else i can come up with  ;)
Thanks again  :cheers!:

Ah,by the way guys Johnny Maximum is done as playable including alternate maps too!!As next comes Janne ;)

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 08:44:28 am »
The original is actually for close attack and canīt be used for the attack rage i wanted.As you can see in image below,there is an 25 pixels difference.

But you are right,the custom looks pixeled and i have to fixe it.

I still think the original would work best for your purpose. It's actually pretty rare in games that the visual animation matches its mechanical reach; in motion though, it still looks good if the art quality is OK.

Well,you have already suggested both in past some times and you asked if i wanted to know how to make these functions.Then i was said both times that i like to known how,but you never answered back.Sure it does not mater but,i just feel that i have to say that as you suggest again this now.

Anyways,aside this,it will look nice to add them but i feel like  these abilities would be actually useless for my mod.
About air throw for Ryoko,she have it already and works nice without the need of Double Jump.It works by pressing the Punch botton in air wile you are close to an flying enemy.

Oh, she does have an air throw? I didn't see it. Sweet. Sorry about not getting back to you, I was totally run over at the time. If you are still interested, I'll try and get back to you sooner this go round. :)

Yeah,this move i wanted too and i agree about the unique feel when you teleport but..what will happen then with his sidescroll attacks?My opinion was that they would not fit if i was use the Teleport for sidescrolling.

There are a couple of different things you could do.

1. Make it a move on its own. Map it to UP, DN, Kick/Jump/Block with the button determining where Hanzou goes. Kick = Far left of screen, close to floor. Jump = Middle, high from floor (in a jump state while falling). Block = Far right close to floor. That would give it a very close feel to the original games but still be simple to add and use. This would be a great time to take advantage of alpha channels to do the cool fade out trick just like in NGBC (except even better), I can show you how.

2. Make it his side dash. In that case, have him drop very close to the ground and recover very quickly. Then you simply add in the sidestep attacks he already has, except without the "slide" effect. Mechanically, it would actually make his sidestepping game less offensively effective than the other characters in exchange for being more or less untouchable during the teleport itself. It's not really a big deal though either way. Hanzou is arguably the most effective character already, trading off a bit of his advantage to give him a more unique play style like in the arcade would balance out just fine.

About the suggestions to replace animations with other animations on basic moves,iīm not fully agree for the most of them,since already tested a lot of different animations during the production and then decided to make them how they are.

I just happen to like the original animations, and would rather see them fully utilized before resorting to the custom stuff. No big. It's just a difference of opinion. :)

As about the rest special moves suggestions,some of them sounds cool,like the counter grab as example.I actually wanted to add this for Muscle Power but i was just lazy. :blushing:

Counters and stuff like Fuuma's Air to ground throw are easier than you think. The most difficult thing I suggested would probably be the double jump and wall jump, just because they can be a bit tedious.

Thank you very much for your feedback,and sory if my answers have not cover all your points/suggestions.
Like you said,letīs see what else i can come up with  ;)
Thanks again  :cheers!:

Ah,by the way guys Johnny Maximum is done as playable including alternate maps too!!As next comes Janne ;)

Sweet, looking forward to it! Oh, and don't forget Janne's whip sword attack (her ABC move). How perfect would that be for her P+K breakout special?

:cheers!:

DC
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:53:15 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal