Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 163
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Scripted slam/throw  (Read 20673 times)

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
Re: Scripted slam/throw
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 07:34:02 am »
FW, we aren't (or I'm not) talking about requiring this or that animation, not like Mugen does. We're just referring to reserving a set of them for specific generic poses.

Like, for example, we'd agree to have all of our anim fall10 be a horizontal face down pose, and all images configured so that offset center X and lowest Y would be the image base (if done that way, differing offsets module to module won't mater).

Nobody makes anyone do it, and the engine doesn't force you. The motivation is simply that by following that standard, your characters become (mostly) compatable with others in the module.

The upshot is that animations and types being unlimited, following such a standard wouldn't limit you in any way. And if you don't want to follow a standard, no big deal. I think I've actually talked myself into an idea here actually; give me a little bit and I'll be back with a new thread and a proposal.

DC
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:54:20 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline bWWd

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:08 am »
We will probably use only one animation for all cusom fall poses ,just frame delay would be big.Its not so big problem to set it up ,problem would be getting some poses for characers which doesnt have those kinds of frames.
Also 3 types of the same frame would have to be in character , one where axis (offset) is exactly on their head , second where middle of the axis is on their stomach/middle of the body and last one where axis is on the foot.
This would let us to have better control of all characters which use this.
We will figure something out.Mugen have this ,we can too.
This is of course not any MUST for anyone , its just idea for future of openbor ,and downloadable stuff compatible with each other.
Yes we all have our standards but new one will be probably different and most simple one.Most universal one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:34:53 am by bWWd »

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 08:39:23 am »
This is not mugen  :whoosh!: - its enough to use position script

Well we soon start to show on first place in google search - if some type in m...n

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 09:12:25 am »
FW, we aren't (or I'm not) talking about requiring this or that animation, not like Mugen does. We're just referring to reserving a set of them for specific generic poses.

Like, for example, we'd agree to have all of our anim fall10 be a horizontal face down pose, and all images configured so that offset center X and lowest Y would be the image base (if done that way, differing offsets module to module won't mater).

Nobody makes anyone do it, and the engine doesn't force you. The motivation is simply that by following that standard, your characters become (mostly) compatable with others in the module.

The upshot is that animations and types being unlimited, following such a standard wouldn't limit you in any way. And if you don't want to follow a standard, no big deal. I think I've actually talked myself into an idea here actually; give me a little bit and I'll be back with a new thread and a proposal.

DC

Oh. My apologies for getting a little overly Wagnerian. I get carried away when I'm overly passionate about something. I hope I didn't offend anyone any more then usual- you know I've got nothing but respect for you guys. It's been quite the brain-fart day.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 09:25:11 am »
This is not mugen  :whoosh!: - its enough to use position script

It helps if you know what your talking about before you pass everyone else off in a discussion as foolish. The idea is to make said scripts and poses compatable across multiple mods without having to rewrite them. "its enough to use position script" might sound nice but right now that is about as far from the reality as it gets.

Well we soon start to show on first place in google search - if some type in m...n

So? Lavalit is a gaming forum, not an OpenBOR forum. OpenBOR just happens to be the main topic.

Oh. My apologies for getting a little overly Wagnerian. I get carried away when I'm overly passionate about something. I hope I didn't offend anyone any more then usual- you know I've got nothing but respect for you guys. It's been quite the brain-fart day.

No one was insulted, or at least I wasn't. I was just trying to quell any fears you or others have that the engine might be heading toward some kind of hard coded standard. That isn't going to happen. I've spent way too much time advocating for and removing hard coded things myself to turn right around and promote putting some right back in.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline bWWd

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 09:25:38 am »
Its off course free choice , but one animation will be reserved for custom fall frames ,for sake of compatibility in the future.
It wont affect any mods in any way.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:11 am »
Its off course free choice , but one animation will be reserved for custom fall frames ,for sake of compatibility in the future.
It wont affect any mods in any way.

I'll post my concept in another thread, but for several reasons, it does NOT have all the poses in a single animation. What I am going to do is propose a standard, and give time for others to propose theirs too. They will all be in the same sticky topic and all in the first post (fair exposure).  We'll then take a vote. The winning choice gets to be the standard. Seems simple enough.

Remember this is a mod building standard. It would never be mandatory and it has nothing to do with the engine. NO hardcoding going on here.

DC
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:34:04 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 09:38:41 am »
Thats exacly what I use - one fall animation is for slams/throws

Offline bWWd

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:12 am »
Yeah we will vote and some kind of info could be then added to manual about this.
I picked up single animation cause theres no need to have many anims  if all frames probably can fit into one.

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 09:49:09 am »
I'm just glad some serious thought is going into this.

When I proposed it a while back , I was shunned quite badly!

2 things that come to mind are people not wanting to put the extra effort in to use the reccomendations (which is why I personally like M.U.G.E.N's approach - although we can kiss goodbye to backwards compatibility if we did go down that route)

The other "issue" is the fact that using the reccomendations would almost certainly be a strain on lower end consoles....

EDIT: And now we hit our 1st hurdle! A single anim for throws/slams just doesn't cut it. It actually increases memory usage....

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 09:52:16 am »
Then vote for mine, your's, or Bloodbane's and hope one of them wins.   ;)

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline bWWd

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 10:48:22 am »
Why it would increase usage ? You tested it ? So which anims we can steal for those extra frames ?

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 10:53:10 am »
Every character has different anims for each fall/grab/slam or we have a dozen or so single frame anims that we swap and change as and when we need to?

I had the former set up until I started using script so I saw the change in memory usage.....

I think I know which I prefer now ;)

I personally use follow anims as they are virtually infinite now...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:56:04 am by Orochi_X »

Offline bWWd

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 11:03:49 am »
Yes but as you know we need some single frames too for some grabs so how it will be , or maybe we will reuse single frames from follow anims in the scripts.
We are able to combine new anims from single frames ,but offsets are important too.When we would like to see our character grab someones head.
But im not 100% sure , can we take frame with delay 5 and display it in our custom throw with much higher delay ?
How did you synchronized delays ? Bind doesnt need synchronizing them so this is how you did it ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:06:55 am by bWWd »

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 11:17:48 am »
I use delay 1 and loop 1 to recreate M.U.G.E.N's infinite looptime. The "grabber" is then able to maipulate the victim at any point they need

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal