Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 146
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: obeditor tool  (Read 30665 times)

Offline bWWd

Re: The new tool : obeditor released !
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 04:11:40 pm »
Ok here it is:
~{damage} determines how much damage the attack does. Setting it to 0 also works. Great for making launchers, slams and paralyze attacks.
~{power} is an integer value that determines how strong the knockdown effect of this attack. 0 means no knockdown, 1 means knockdown level 1, etc. This is used in conjunction with 'knockdowncount' (see above).

---
damage is OK , power should be changed cause its weird now and can be mistaken.Power is knockdown 1 or 0.
So i mixed up something.
Because somebody modified it in manual,i see POWER first time and i using manual long time.Since it was created.
Please somebody who changed it ,change POWER to KNOCKD or KDOWN , or something else but not POWER , it can be confusing. :crazy:
Just figure out short name for knockdown attack.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:22:57 pm by bWWd »

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2008, 04:24:51 pm »
It always was : attack  x-y-x1-y2-damage-knockdown
Confirm.

Great tool Gringo - I don't have time to play with it to much but already look impressive.
Keep up good work.  :cheers!:

Well - My questions is - will it support png format files?

edit:
I think manual always call it this way ,and few lines below its clearly stated that its refer to knockdown abilities of this attackbbox :
Code: [Select]
* {power} is an integer value that determines how strong the knockdown effect of
this attack. 0 means no knockdown, 1 means knockdown level 1, etc. This is used in
conjunction with 'knockdowncount' (see above).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:05:45 pm by BonusJZ »

Offline bWWd

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2008, 04:36:09 pm »
yes but power and damage are too similar and can be confused.What power have to do with knockdown ?
Its not a big deal BUT in editor i thought that DMG is for knock down and POWER is to set how much power attack have and how many energy it takes from opponent.So i was confused by this.It wasnt like that some time ago cause i see it now.And it definitely wasnt like that when i was making battletoads.
That should be changed to knock or knockd or something else than power.
Even today i tend to forget some of those values and which is which.I tend to confuse block and pause time sometimes.Edit: Oh great pause and block arent even next to each other so you see ,but maybe its just me who gets confused by those values.
--------
Watch out for blast , it have different places of values cause knockdown is missing here (it always knocksdown).
  blast {x} {y} {right} {down} {damage} {block} {noflash} {pausetime} {z}

* An attack box which can hit bboxes.

* Unless otherwise specified, this works exactly like an 'attack' command.

* blast attacks always knock the enemy down, and sends them flying farther than normal. A 'blast'ed enemy will also be able to hit other entities and knock them down.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:47:34 pm by bWWd »

Offline BonusJZ

• Banned
    • YouTube Chanel
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2008, 04:53:02 pm »
Personally I always use knockdown name form my memory (not the power to describe it) - and as that don't see the point against why this could not be replaced with more accurate name - specially that tool don't have place for deep explanation of commands

Offline bWWd

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2008, 05:13:13 pm »
yeah but he thought (gringo)that power can be any number 0 ,32,40,3 or whatever , thats why i would like to change it.But power is 0 or 1 , i mean it probably can be 2,3 ,4 ,5 33 and work but 0 and 1 are proper values.
Anyway its nothing big.

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 05:50:47 pm »
- Flipframe is very doable.
Thank you for adding this feature.

- movez .... mmh, it was intended to be a 2D design. I can do it, but the result will make movea and movez confusing. Perhaps with a "enable movez" button ?
Yes doable. But, what the point if the "ground line" is always at the same y-coord as the offset cross ?? For the movea, an altitude arrow is drawn for this purpose.
But, if combined with MCW request for the movez, then it could be interesting to have :
- The initial ground line (say in blue)
- The current ground line (say in green )
- The altitude arrow (or not, cause it's double use with the ground line)
Comments ?
See picture below.

- drawmethod-nodrawmethod : i've try to use drawmethod myself, but the reasult was understandable (the image move to an unpredictable place :wow!:). If somebody explain me how it work, i can make it work.
drawmethod {scalex} {scaley} {flipx} {flipy} {shiftx} {alpha} {remap} {fillcolor} {rotate} {fliprotate}
- {scalex} and {scaley} are default to 256
- {flipx} and {flipy} are flipped base on offset
- {shiftx} for skew image
- {alpha} Integer value, 0 No alpha effect, 1-6 Alpha 1-6, -1 Use entity's alpha
- {remap} Integer value, Will be overriden by {alpha}, 0 No remap, 1-n Like a map command in spawn entry, give the entity a colormap, -1 Use entity's remap
- {fillcolor} Integer value, from 0 to 255, specify a color index in palette (pal.act).
- {rotate} Integer value, rotate value stands for the angle(clockwise), from 0 to 359, if you use a value out of the range, it will be changed automatically, for example, 370 will be changed to 10, -20 will be changed to 340.
- {fliprotate} Binary value, when it is set to 1(should be only 0 or 1, not other values), the entity will change the rotate value when the direction is changed(entity's direction, if you use flipx for the frame, it is not affected), the rotate value will be 360-original

nodrawmethod
- Disable drawmethod edit on the image to default.

- jumpframe : i'm not fully confident in the ob engine, so correct me if i'm wrong. When jumpframe is set to 2 (example), the at frame 2 the engine make the entity jump. As a result, the move of the entity is not only calculate from the frames data, but also from the gravity functions of the ob engine. So i need to understand the gravity function of the engine to be able to implement the jumpframe feature ?
No, when jumpframe 2, the frame 3 make the entity jump. However there are default setting left behind for backwards compatibility. If {speedx} and {speedz} are not provided this is how the jump would be:
Height is 0:
Player: The jump is very low, but the character moves forward.
Enemy: The jump is high and vertical.
Height > 0:
Player: The jump is {height} high, and vertical.
Enemy: The jump is {height} high, and moves forward.
If you don't want that effect, simply give the desired value for {speedx} or just 0.

antigravity {percent/int}
- Antigravity 100 will make the model completely un-affected by gravity(if it jumps, it will fly to Mars, never returns).

Ok, i got it. I was wrong. I thought that i frame could have multiple attack boxes at the same time. That explain the posts of bWWd.
I'll try to repair things accordingly.
But what is the point of having more than one attack box ?
Because different attackbox link to other anim pain#.

For example, attack2 10 10 30 20 5 0 0 0 10 0 will link the victim anim pain2 if it is define.

Another example, attack2 for head pain animation and attack3 for body pain animation, I use combo attack that include both. So I use:
Code: [Select]
anim freespecial
loop 0
delay 20
offset 34 69
bbox 19 8 27 65
attack2 46 17 32 8 7
frame data/chars/maurice/chit1.gif
delay 10
frame data/chars/maurice/chit2.gif
attack 0
frame data/chars/maurice/chit3.gif
delay 20
offset 33 69
attack3 45 15 31 7 8
frame data/chars/maurice/chit4.gif
attack 0
delay 10
offset 34 69
frame data/chars/maurice/chit3.gif
See the attack 0? It is for cancel attackbox.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:35:21 pm by MCW »

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 06:42:14 pm »
nevermind...

Offline kungpow12345

• Developer
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2008, 10:24:22 pm »
First let me say, this is one FRIGGEN SWEET app you have here Gringo! Truely one of the best yet for OpenBoR.

However, I stumbled upon a very bad bug:

To Recreate:

1) Begin Editing a Character
2) Add a new attack
3) Don't Add any new frames or anything to it and
4) Exit.

If you do something like this, it will not load anything when you try to load your entities up at start-up when you go back in. The only way to get it to go back in would be to delete the attack you just created. Perhaps this could be addressed in the errors tab instead when you load up an entity list versus not letting the program load?

Also...

Why is it that when I create a new attack, that when I browse for my frame and add it into the editor, why doesn't it show? I tried going to a made up attack (attack01) and then when I go back to it, it was like the animation information was whipped out.

Last thing, need to add another module for players/enemies/bosses that use projectiles. I noticed that there was nothing here to do that.

Other than that, I can't wait to see what else you come up with gringo, especially with the level editing stuff. If you and Kirby could team up on this project, this would be THE tool to use for all future mods.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:34:32 pm by kungpow12345 »

Offline bWWd

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 01:43:48 pm »
You must create new frame first , then add gif to it to be able to see it.
I made new anim , attack2 , then i added new frame and then i could choose gif file.It works ok and saves OK.
I had some problem in properties window when i tried to delete one i couldnt cause i clicked in wrong place.It takes some time to get used to functions.
--
And this first bug i can confirm , save empty animation without anything , just make attack3 ,and save your character then exit the editor completely and run it again , then try to edit something , you cant cause it closes itself.
But anyway why would you want to make empty animation ?
It could maybe give warning , empty anim or something ?You cant have empty anim cause openbor engine wont load your txt and will tell about problem and quit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:49:51 pm by bWWd »

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:50 am »
@bWWd and @BonusJZ :
 You're right, knckdown is a better name. I'll change this

@MCW and @wWWd:
Thank you for your explanations, now everythings is clear for me about attacks. I'll do the fix accordingly.

@MCW :
About draw method :
- {scalex} and {scaley} are default to 256
- {flipx} and {flipy} are flipped base on offset
All these ones are OK for me.

- {shiftx} for skew image
Doesn't understand this one. I will test it to see.

- {alpha} Integer value, 0 No alpha effect, 1-6 Alpha 1-6, -1 Use entity's alpha
This one i don't know if it's doable or not.

- {remap} Integer value, Will be overriden by {alpha}, 0 No remap, 1-n Like a map command in spawn entry, give the entity a colormap, -1 Use entity's remap
- {fillcolor} Integer value, from 0 to 255, specify a color index in palette (pal.act).
Currently remaps are not supported.

- {rotate} Integer value, rotate value stands for the angle(clockwise), from 0 to 359, if you use a value out of the range, it will be changed automatically, for example, 370 will be changed to 10, -20 will be changed to 340.
- {fliprotate} Binary value, when it is set to 1(should be only 0 or 1, not other values), the entity will change the rotate value when the direction is changed(entity's direction, if you use flipx for the frame, it is not affected), the rotate value will be 360-original
That's these two who are not very clear for me to understand how they work. When i use the rotate thing, i don't understant where is  the axis of the rotation. If someone have a clue for me ?

For the jumpframe thing : the algorithm of jump seems to be a little complicated. So if i do this modification, i'll do it later.

For the z-axis problem, i think i will start with the 2-ground lines, and maybe later i would add the ground grid you put in your image.

However, I stumbled upon a very bad bug:
Thank you for reporting it. Yes it was a bug, i've fixed it (but not already post the release cause uploading to 4share is too painful).

Why is it that when I create a new attack, that when I browse for my frame and add it into the editor, why doesn't it show? I tried going to a made up attack (attack01) and then when I go back to it, it was like the animation information was whipped out.
Could you be more precise with this one ? Perhaps that's about the browse buttons which are not disabled although no frame exist in the animation ? If it's this, it's a bug i will correct.

Last thing, need to add another module for players/enemies/bosses that use projectiles. I noticed that there was nothing here to do that.
Hey, why not, surely latter although, but anyway i don't see how you would like it to be. Can you propose a complete proposale about this ?

f you and Kirby could team up on this project, this would be THE tool to use for all future mods.
Well, as Kirby is already on the level editor, and my editor is not finished, i'm in regret to say that's not for today, (nor tomorrow i think).

Thank's for your reports and your proposal, that's help :)

Obeditor latest version 1.5.9
obeditor-linux, obeditor-windows obeditor-sources

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 09:59:33 am »
Axis of rotation (and pretty much any other adjustment) is the current offset. This gives people a lot of trouble as they tend to think in their minds that the rotation will be centered to the image itself.

Oh, and though I haven't tried it yet, this looks like an awesome tool. Good work!

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:59 am »
Yo man I used your exe this weekend and It's the ****  ;D.
There is one thing I have a problem wit: Sometimes when I click the frame farthest to the right, the editor moves back to the first page of frames on it's own and takes the frame I click with it, instently making moving frame 10 allthe way to Frame 3 on it's own. Just thought I should let you know.

And Can I make a Suggestion? when your makin those Boxes, can you make it so that the mouse can stretch the box you made, this way if you make a box but not Satisfied with how it came out, you can just make it bigger or smaller instead of Making a new one over and over agian.

Well that's all I have to say, I have to download another Windows copy cause now it cuts out when I try to edit Entities. Hope you get the Stage Editor Done ;)

Offline gringo

• Developer
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 10:10:10 am »
Yo man I used your exe this weekend and It's the ****  Grin.
There is one thing I have a problem wit: Sometimes when I click the frame farthest to the right, the editor moves back to the first page of frames on it's own and takes the frame I click with it, instently making moving frame 10 allthe way to Frame 3 on it's own. Just thought I should let you know.
Yes i notice this myself, but i don't know how to reproduce the thing. I track it, and i'll get it.

And Can I make a Suggestion? when your makin those Boxes, can you make it so that the mouse can stretch the box you made, this way if you make a box but not Satisfied with how it came out, you can just make it bigger or smaller instead of Making a new one over and over agian.
Hard to do. But i put it on the request list.

Well that's all I have to say, I have to download another Windows copy cause now it cuts out when I try to edit Entities. Hope you get the Stage Editor Done Wink
What do you mean cut out ? It crash ?

@Damon Caskey:
Axis of rotation (and pretty much any other adjustment) is the current offset. This gives people a lot of trouble as they tend to think in their minds that the rotation will be centered to the image itself.
Thanks, with this i can do the rotation stuff, and i appreciate your "encouragement" (is it english?)
Obeditor latest version 1.5.9
obeditor-linux, obeditor-windows obeditor-sources

Offline bWWd

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 10:13:53 am »
Dont bother yourself with alpha cause you need a background to be able to see it properly.

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:15 am »
What do you mean cut out ? It crash ?

Yeah, every time I click Edit Entities, it just  shuts off for some reason. I tried over and over agian but It won't start up. :(

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal