Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 136
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Can OpenBOR work on PS3?  (Read 7947 times)

Offline bWWd

Re: Can OpenBOR work on PS3?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »
 just take your laptop there or connect long cable to your TV from your compuiter and voilla ,the same thing without memory problems.You would need USB cable/splitter for pads probably too.
Is this worth it for many sleepless nights of coders ? BEcause today someone decides to turn on xbox not PC to play mod,i dont think its worth it ,openbor on consoles its a gimmick for me.

Offline Plombo

• Your source for useful modding tools!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »
You mentioned all kinds of things that most people don't have: a laptop, USB/cable splitters, multiple gamepads, and a way to connect a computer to a TV.

Also, what memory problems are you talking about?  The Wii, for one, has 64 MB of RAM.  No mod in existence uses anywhere close to that much.  The PS3 and X360 have even more memory than that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:08:45 pm by Plombo »

Offline bWWd

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 04:06:23 pm »
DC ,it needed to be fixed and ill bet SX spend many nights on it while it could be spend on something else.
This might sound harsh ,well it is, but thats the way i see it.
Which ports are free from bugs as windows version ? probably none of them ,they all have some quirks ,with resolution,sounds.. etc.Not worth it.
But its not my decision,i jus would like to make people think about that sometimes,deciding to turn on xbox to play or pc .. just forget about xbox and development time could be spend on something else.

Offline Plombo

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 04:09:21 pm »
Which ports are free from bugs as windows version ? probably none of them ,they all have some quirks ,with resolution,sounds.. etc.Not worth it.

Wii.  Also Linux if it counts as a port, which it shouldn't since it uses almost the exact same code as Windows.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 04:14:35 pm »
Cool, i have n64 but i actually prefere to connect laptop to my TV to play n64 emu, i have better resolution ,better speed ,better everything, "experience" of touching real n64 gamepad loses here terribly,sorry n64 ,you are cool to look at but i prefere to use emulator,i can play with 4 pads using laptop,real n64 is simply no match for emulator.Its faster to connect n64 TRUE but it still doesnt win against emulator.

Offline Plombo

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 04:28:57 pm »
That's your opinion.  The engine doesn't exist for you, it exists for everyone.

Offline bWWd

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:04 pm »
This should be told especially to people yelling about xbox ,dreamcast ports.
Everyone has computer ,not everyone have dreamcast,xbox.People make mods on computers not on consoles.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:05:18 pm by bWWd »

Offline CE

• Working on Rage of the Streets v2
    • DCEvolution.net
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »
And the same people could play the original Fightin' Spirit on an emulator. But that's not what we're here for. Some of us want to play Super Fightin' Spirit on Dreamcast, Wii, PSP, PS3, etc., not Fightin' Spirit on an Amiga emulator on PC.

Just relax. Different strokes for different folks.  :peace:
http://dcemulation.org/index.php5?title=OpenBORManual

How to mod:
1 Pick an interesting game: There are plenty of 8-bit/16-bit classics waiting for a remake
2 Rip your own sprites & stages
3 Use a custom palette: http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/tutorial.htm
4 Check your offsets: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=1099.0

Did you know?
Using void main()
{
playgif("data/my.gif", 0, -4, 1);
}

as spawnscript streams a GIF anim instead of loading it

Offline bWWd

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 10:28:50 pm »
But i made the game with pc/psp only in mind from the start,it was never meant to be played on dreamcast or xbox.Original console is obsolete when emulation is better than original,like with my n64 story.I have amiga but i play on winuae.i have snes but i play on emulator.Why ? Faster,no problems,many gamepads supported.
There are some guys who prefere to play on original n64's or amigas,well for me its like sentimental take on the subject ,not logical at all.
I am relaxed but things that im writing are making me sound like im frustrated or something.Its not up to me todecide about ports but i wanted to share what i think about ports to non portable consoles which are as portable as laptops
If emulators would be more problematic than playing original i wouldnt use them and openbor is problematc on most consoles now.
Im still waiting for portable device which would emulate n64 without problems,im waiting for new device and i would switch from psp,not for update to psp emulator cause psp i barely able to emulate it and dont put much hopes in it to emulate n64.
Its different strokes so it doesnt hurt to connect PC to tv instead of DC and enjoy gameplay without problems.Each new port slow downs overall development cause needs to be coded separately at some points.So i wanted to make people think "is it really worth it and that important to touch DC or XBOX pad today "is the difference between console and pc worth it to give coders more and more work?We could take all consoles in the world and ask about openbor support for them(why ? cause i have one and i want to play cause... i dont know,cause i have one at my house and would be cool to play on ps3,and i dont want to think about slowing down development of all other ports at all,not my problem),would that be sane ?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:34:35 pm by bWWd »

Offline Plombo

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 10:39:25 am »
But i made the game with pc/psp only in mind from the start,it was never meant to be played on dreamcast or xbox.Original console is obsolete when emulation is better than original,like with my n64 story.I have amiga but i play on winuae.i have snes but i play on emulator.Why ? Faster,no problems,many gamepads supported.
There are some guys who prefere to play on original n64's or amigas,well for me its like sentimental take on the subject ,not logical at all.

Having fun is not logical at all either.  And it's the point of playing games.  You can't just objectify everything; it takes the fun out of life.

...and openbor is problematc on most consoles now.

No, it isn't.

Each new port slow downs overall development cause needs to be coded separately at some points.So i wanted to make people think "is it really worth it and that important to touch DC or XBOX pad today "is the difference between console and pc worth it to give coders more and more work?We could take all consoles in the world and ask about openbor support for them(why ? cause i have one and i want to play cause... i dont know,cause i have one at my house and would be cool to play on ps3,and i dont want to think about slowing down development of all other ports at all,not my problem),would that be sane ?

You're still thinking of OpenBOR like some commercial software engineering project.  Stop it.

New ports do not slow down development.  We (developers) all volunteer our time, working whenever we want on whatever we want.  If I hadn't spent time working on the Wii port, I would have spent the resulting time with family or playing video games.  Not coding on some other part of the OpenBOR engine.  The same goes for other port developers.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:43:32 am by Plombo »

Offline Faiz_555

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:57 am »
Playing bor on consoles can be a pain but when your games room, study and bar are the same room then why play in on a pc or laptop?

Offline bWWd

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »
because all mods work on laptop and you dont have problems with loading times and memory.

Offline Plombo

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 09:30:53 pm »
because all mods work on laptop and you dont have problems with loading times and memory.

On the other hand, most mods work on consoles, depending on the console.  Wii supports every single mod that Windows supports and has tons of available memory, while Dreamcast is entirely different.

And plenty of people have consoles with multiple usable controllers, but don't own multiple joysticks/gamepads to play with friends on a PC.

Offline AlexDC22

• Kiss it! I know you want to! "Dan The Man"
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 11:28:30 am »
Hate to revive this, i just didnt want to make a new thread :)
But anyways, since the PS3 is now an open box with the latest kmeaw 3.55 cfw and also waninkokos cfw 3.55 v2...so  far i can play all my homebrew stuff on it,nes/snes and more flawlessly.

Can it be that hard to port openbor to the ps3?
I am not a coder and have no knowledge of how things works, so if any one care to shed some light on this matter it would be appreciated.

Again, sorry for reviving this, figure it was the best place to post this.

Thanks

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 03:07:27 pm »
There's no sorry about reviving a topic. In LavaLit, it is okay. Maybe other Mugen places may not be okay except one I know. Yeah, this is a thread I made a long time ago. I have no knowledge of coding this kind. Plombo said those guys are still working on it. I started asking about this 2 years ago.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal