Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 152
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Streets Of Rage Remake 5.0 Released  (Read 16681 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Streets Of Rage Remake 5.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:40 pm »
I had just caught the release from a video DJYuzoboy posted on youtube, and I'm downloading it now. One thing that really impressed me was the map select. It's almost like Gekido except your free to choose instead it depending on the char you picked. Anyway, downloading now, and I'm playin' it when I get home. It's a shame net play was canned but they used that time to further improve the game itself, so no complaints here.

X)

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 01:28:07 am »
Played for half an hour. I can't say I like the pace of the game. The control is too jammy, like the character is moving in glue.

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 01:40:35 am »
Beat it couple of times, The stages look superbly well done and attention to detail, gameplay feels more like the originals and the soundtrack is great but.....

The controls feels a little loose like when the character moving a snail's pace with the enemies much faster than usual especially when they ganged up on ya. The difficulty is uneven on even on the default setting. I like a good challenge but not with enemies attend to use cheap tactics and becomes a nuisance.

But complaints aside, it's a faithful tribute to the originals and a testament to one's team of making a high quality product.

Keepin it Old School

Offline MIKE MASTERS

• Attack me if you dare, I will crush you.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 03:20:53 am »
This game is only for PC or is there a PSP Version?
"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

Offline badjab326

• SoR
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 06:54:07 am »
Hey all, be sure to check out the options menu and mess around with some settings. Alot of your complaints can be remedied.

First things first, if you want to run diagonally, turn off SoR3 exceptions in the Miscellaneous options menu.

If you feel like you're going to need it, give yourself 5 lives.

If you're going to play 2p or with the CPU, you should probably turn off Damage Between Players

Adjust the weapon type to your liking. I prefer SoR2, though if you're playing as Max, you may want to try something else since this type makes you drop your weapon while grappling.

Adjust the jump type to your liking. Both SoR1 and SoR3 work really well, SoR2 not so much imo.

If you plan on using run a lot, switch the camera to SoR3 in the options menu.

Also, to speed things up a bit, you may want to switch pause delay to SoR3 or Remake, I prefer the latter. Though this won't make too much of a difference if you play mainly as BKIII characters. However if you prefer the feel of SoR2, that setting is optimal.

This is what helps me get through the game quite easily, along with the help of a very smart CPU partner.

Also, major congrats and thanks to Adrimus for all of your contributions!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:59:18 am by badjab326 »

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:59:17 am »
Thank you for the tips.
 :cheers!:

Umm, actually I only played harshly during the noon break and didn't check the options.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 09:25:09 am »
If I have any complaint to lodge game play wise it would be the super speed every single enemy seems to have. Starting at level one even the lowliest grunt can walk backward faster then Skate can dash! They often do this right out of the screen and it can really hurt the pace of the game sometimes.

The other thing is that it seems much more difficult to grab then it was in the original games, an issue that is exacerbated by the above mentioned enemy super speed. This doesn't hurt strikers like Axel or Zan too much, but it makes grapple centric characters Blaze and Max work harder then they should for the same results.

What I do like is that damage levels are much closer to SOR2, which is where they should be. A big problem with SOR3 and most other home brew remakes was the player damage being halved vs. SOR2 and common grunts sporting multi tier lifebars. Taking 20 minutes to beat a punk down != fun. For the most part SOR Remake avoids that snafu and lets you lay down the hurt if you know what you're doing.

The artwork is also superb, and the stories I've seen so far are true to the material. The silly super sayin garbage from V4.0 has thankfully been discarded. Bombergames was obviously listening to its fans. I'm also impressed with the new moves. Some remakes get lazy and don't even have all the original moves. Others go wacky and add stuff that doesn't make any sense. SOR Remake feels just right. All the old moves are here, gaps have been filled in, and the new techniques fit perfectly with the character's original styles. Max's dive tackle rules!

Great job overall guys. A faithful recreation with options galore and lots of replay incentive!  :thumbs_up:

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:48:45 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline badjab326

• SoR
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:26 am »
This game is so addicting I haven't been able to put it down. After quite a few playthroughs on easy, I bumped it up to normal and had no trouble completing the SoR2 route. It was really easy to adjust to the new Adam. So far all of the characters I've played have had significant upgrades and are really fun to play as.

Btw there's a difficulty/bugfix patch on the way.

Hands down, best Streets of Rage ever.

Offline imaninja1991

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »
This is amazing news  :cheers!: I have been checking almost daily for a year now. Infact it was this project that got me interested in modding.
Current Projects:
Super Mega Beatdown volume 2(in progress)Final Fight X Battletoads volume 2(in progress)

Offline CrimsonBoy

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 02:25:14 am »
Let the peeps on Bombergames know, one of our teams has an awesome remake on another Sega classic coming very soon. It's a good month to be a Sega fan!

DC

this caught my attention, now I want to know what it is [/offtopic]

This game is superb! Adam has certainly been done justice here, some levels are just plain eye candy but I won't spoil for those who haven't been through all of the paths. so much to say so little time so to sum it up... **** YEAH!

Offline Kinjite30g

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:03 pm »
I try this game out the other night and it was seriously off the chain, the music remixes from the game are awesome, controls are alright, and the levels are extraoridinary. I give bombergames props for finishing up this fifth version of streets of rage remake, especially the graphics they did a good job on fixing it, nice work bombergames.  :)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 09:35:07 pm »
So far, I've beatin' this game 4 time now, from Easy to very Hard, without using a continue once, on any playthrough. I plan Playing Mania next, as Adam and the secret char you have to have 99999 to buy, but I'm using the 3 Star and Full Gauge cheats, because this game get's ridiculous sometimes. There's not much I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but it runs kinda slow on my PC after a while, like around 20 FPS, and it only go higher after switching to a different window and switching back....

X)

Offline CE

• Working on Rage of the Streets v2
    • DCEvolution.net
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 02:10:58 pm »
So, it seems Sega sent them a letter asking them to take the game offline. :oops:

And they respected it and removed the downloads. Should have said "F-U" and kept it online. This is an original game, using an original engine, original music, and a lot of original graphics. About the only thing they did wrong was using the game's original title ("Streets of Rage"). Anyway, this would never have been ruled in favor of Sega in court.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:15:06 pm by CE »
http://dcemulation.org/index.php5?title=OpenBORManual

How to mod:
1 Pick an interesting game: There are plenty of 8-bit/16-bit classics waiting for a remake
2 Rip your own sprites & stages
3 Use a custom palette: http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/tutorial.htm
4 Check your offsets: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=1099.0

Did you know?
Using void main()
{
playgif("data/my.gif", 0, -4, 1);
}

as spawnscript streams a GIF anim instead of loading it

Offline Roel

• Senile Team
  • What happened to my old avatar?
    • Senile Team
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »
So, it seems Sega sent them a letter asking them to take the game offline. :oops:

And they respected it and removed the downloads. Should have said "F-U" and kept it online. This is an original game, using an original engine, original music, and a lot of original graphics. About the only thing they did wrong was using the game's original title ("Streets of Rage"). Anyway, this would never have been ruled in favor of Sega in court.

Have you been playing some other version of SOR Remake than everyone else? None of your statements above is even remotely true. SOR Remake is great and an applaudable achievement, but original it is not.

Offline CE

• Working on Rage of the Streets v2
    • DCEvolution.net
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »
Sorry, "original" probably is the wrong word in this context.

Anyway, I am sure it'd fall under fair use if this would have been dealt with in court: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

On a side note: I have heard that Sega did not actually demand for the game to be removed entirely, but something is being discussed behind the doors.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:38:24 pm by CE »
http://dcemulation.org/index.php5?title=OpenBORManual

How to mod:
1 Pick an interesting game: There are plenty of 8-bit/16-bit classics waiting for a remake
2 Rip your own sprites & stages
3 Use a custom palette: http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/tutorial.htm
4 Check your offsets: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=1099.0

Did you know?
Using void main()
{
playgif("data/my.gif", 0, -4, 1);
}

as spawnscript streams a GIF anim instead of loading it

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal