Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 149
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Have you played the mod DD4??  (Read 509 times)

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
Have you played the mod DD4??
« on: August 05, 2012, 11:37:10 am »
Found it on the downloads sextion, I'm just playing... the mod is a mess!!

1.first, the characters: Why is Billly and Berserker of Combatribes on the same game? Berserker even have a different name. I'm not against beig the two on the same game, I'm against using totally DIFFERENT class of sprites for that purpose!!
The X button's attack is useless on n most enemies.
Try using grab attack on DD2's Linda... it doesn't do any damage...

2.the enemies: first boss Andore?? There is really a big mess on characters sprites, you can find sprites from lot of mods like sprites from DD Extreme, Mr. Q's RTDD, GaboHanzo's DD Gaiden, Alemasper's DD3, Lee Brother's DD Genesis, and even those horrible edits from that crap called DD Renegade. And it's just a mess, I don't like seeing DD Advance sprites with DD Arcade sprites together, they don't fit. on this mod there's not consequency on the use of sprites. You just can use Final Fight sprites with Combatribes sprites and DD sprites on the same game. That's my opinion and what I really dislike from some other mods as well. Ok this point is debatible as is just my personal taste, maybe some people love to see Ninja Warriors's sprites with DD sprites together. Maybe a tribute to different games? In that case, make more different playable characters and don't all it DD.
I don't even want to talk about the offsets. Some animations are very choppy.

bWWd is a fine example of someone that use sprites with similar look to give a new experience.

3.Difficulty: I beated on the during, and even now, the two arcade DD with no losing a life, the nes DD1 and DD2, the Snes SDD/RTDD with no losing a life, and on this mod I finished stage 1 usin 3 credits!!! even the first enemy on the game don't allow you to make a standard combo attack!!! also the z range from enemy attack is pretty big, they don't need to allign with you in order to hit you.
The first midboss from stage 3 (there's a lot! of different mid boss) took me forever!!

4.some cool things:
- use of walls and different stuff on a stage, for example on the boss fight on stage 2, you can use a hanging hook to hurt the boss, that's something I really liked.
-Also cool effects like a train approaching, lot of platforms etc.
-There's lot of weapons.
-Some enemies like Williams and Roper spawn on stage 2 are well done (Williams jumping from a cage/wall, and roper going down stairs).
The level design if nost perfect, but I think is better than lot of mods, and the est part of this mod.
and because of lot of own stuff, makes this mod not look like a mere copy/ paste mod. However, this could have been a much better mod if the author made a WIP thread, as this mod really need feedback from players, 'coz there's a lot of mistakes. I would like to see a re-work of this. For now this will remain as one of those "one time play" only mods on my list (which is huge).

sorry for the long post, it's more like a review but I still don't finish it, oh well...  ;D

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
Re: Have you played the mod DD4??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 07:05:17 pm »
On topic, I haven't. But you got a good review or feedback regarding its gameplay. Really impressive on your post. Thanks for letting us know this.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline agu

Re: Have you played the mod DD4??
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:39:53 am »
Well, my opinion is not going to miss since I won the game and tell you honestly, do not consider the errors of graphics and stuff, what alarmed me most is the gameplay limited to the amount of lives and credits that had (not to mention other more limited mod that lives on credit and the night slayers)
I could finish, and then modify the credits and lives poor so that I found is the end of the game  :bored:
Actually I also hope a new edition of this game or another game again after its creator  :laughing:
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal