Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 144
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The Supergun thread.  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
The Supergun thread.
« on: January 22, 2008, 01:47:29 pm »
I'm feeling a bit left out by the other two threads as I don't have the room for an arcade cab at the moment (currently browsing some new housing developements , so that will change soon!  >:D ) , what I do have though , is a Supergun!

It's basically an arcade machine condensed into a box small enough to sit next to your consoles.

I had mine sent over from the U.S. about 3 years ago so that I could play Killer Instinct at home. KI epitimised my youth , my friend and I completely owned all the other arcade goers at it , we were even the first to unlock Eyedol then pull off his infinite combo. We were Gods! lol

Anyway , the reason for this post is that I've joust bought a Hyper NeoGeo 64 motherboard , Buriki One , Garou Densetsu (Fatal Fury) Wild Ambition and Samurai Spirits 2. All 100% mint condition , original packaging and fliers etc.  ;D

Normally , I'd take pics with my cellphone , but that wouldn't do it justice. I'll pick up a decent camera tomorrow and post some then.

So , anyone else got a Supergun?

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline Orochi_X

Re: The Supergun thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:26:29 pm »
I thought I should keep to my word and post a pic. Especially now that I have an Atomiswave board with the extras (I/O board and high speed networking) along with NGBC ,Demolish Fist and KOF XI.

I put my X360 in the pic so you can get an idea of the sheer size of the Hyper NeoGeo 64 board and cartidges...

Below is the supergun itself.....

.......I really need to get a bigger place!  :laughing:  :laughing:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:36:12 pm by Orochi_X »

Offline Kirby2000

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:02:04 pm »
I must say I've been tempted to get one of these myself.

My biggest problem is that as a poor student, I can't afford anymore than ?200 ($400) until I get full time employment. I've considered buying a Jamma cabinet before, but as I share a house, I have nowhere to put it.

Orochi_X, where did you get yours from? Did your joysticks come with it?

They are pretty hard to get hold of in the UK and they tend to come with Genesis/Megadrive joypads which don't really give me the arcade feel. I've seen a few units that come with 2 player joysticks mounted on the box but not for the UK.

If only there was some way to combine the real arcade hardware with a hdd full of roms. I'm not sure I could find the room to safely store all the jamma boards.

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:30:28 pm »
Yeah , it came with the joysticks. I got it from Ebay.com (as opposed to .co.uk) Just make sure they're willing to ship it over here first!

This is about the best one I can find but it's slightly above your range....

Those with Megadrive pads (or from Germany) you see a lot of are usually only wired for 3 buttons  :P

Come to think of it , I had a U.K. based company reccomended to me just after mine arrived (isn't that always the way? Lol.). I think they were called Raven Games , so I Googled up their site for you. The Supergun itself looks extremely well made but I think you have to pay extra for "real" joysticks.

If you're any good with a soldering iron , you might want to make one yourself. They are extremely easy to build.

Offline Kirby2000

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 06:19:26 pm »
Pity about the shipping really, it looks great, wish I lived in the US now.

Damn, now I'm extremely jealous of you. I could prob afford it, but I doubt I could justify the cost to my girlfriend, she's 9 years younger than me and the oldest arcade she remembers is Time Crisis. :D

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:01:36 pm »
Yeah , my ex always went off the wall when I bought myself a new toy..........So I got rid of her!  :laughing:

Joking aside , while it is an awesome piece of kit , it takes up heaps of room. Maybe you'll be better off with M.A.M.E and some X-arcade sticks for now?

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:51 am »
Incredible setup, you've definitely a hardcore gamer. I wish I had the money to customize my own setup- maybe someday. You're lucky you live in another country from mine, because I would have to be visiting allot, lol!

My friend had a problem with space as well (older game systems & games), and his wife talked him into chucking some of it (!)- which he ended up regretting later. Personally, I used to own more SNES, Saturn & Dreamcast games then I do now, and yeah it was a mistake to get rid of them. Double drat.

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 03:31:29 pm »
Heh. It's more like "wannabe hardcore gamer" these days!  :laughing:

What with keeping my business on the straight and narrow and househunting , I bareley have time for family stuff. Let alone playing games.

Offline lj1987

• Banned (spam)
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 08:39:16 pm »

But a healthy lifestyle goes miles in making the skin look wow power leveling young. They should be used as a

supplement only. But, one should wow power leveling not forego healthy eating habits and a disciplined

lifestyle.Exercising is a good way to make the skin breathe. Fresh blood and oxygen come to the rescue and repair the skin, making it look young and

refreshing. Water is another indispensable item for glowing skin. Skin will lose out world of warcraft gold

on the water while internal organs will lap up most of it to help in their function. This will gold in wow

result in a shortage of water in the skin, leading to wrinkles. Water is one of the best anti-aging products.Although it cannot be classified under anti-

aging products, but fasting is another way to healthy living, and thus, glowing skin. It has been medically proven that a decreased food intake results in a

drop in insulin wow gold eu and temperature levels. This in turn, leads to longevity of life. Fasting

forces the body to use its surplus fat, thus burning the calories and making the body lean and healthy.As we age, we are also more susceptible to weakened

muscle control, poorer vision and other things that can contribute to more danger. So, a wow cheap gold

thorough safety check is suggested. I recommend asking another party to perform a check to make sure all potential hazard areas are covered. Some items that

may be necessary for your added safety are grab bars for the shower/bathroom, shower chairs, walkers best wow

gold
and rollators, non-slip rugs; even some simple things such as simply replacing some light bulbs.The other product area refers to items assisting

with providing a sense of security for you and your family. Items such as patient monitors, whole house alarm systems, even an AED unit for those with heart

disease could be useful.Bottom-line, YOU wow gold cheap are your own best advocate

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »
Alright dude. You've been a member for 10 minutes and filled the forums with some crap I , nor anybody else , wants to see.

Congratulations. You've earned yourself the fastest ban in history.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26:29 am »
He did make me take notice of this topic... man, you do have one hell of a setup. I'm probably coming to the U.K. this or next summer, I'll have to stop by have a look for myself. Will have another little stop to make too, but we won't talk about that here.  
;)

Didn't realize you guys had such a hard time getting stuff though. I've always thought it would be cool to live on your side of the pond, but not if it's a pain in the butt to do anything.  :laughing:

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 10:00:51 am »
Congratulations. You've earned yourself the fastest ban in history.
Man. This made me laugh as that guy became "the fastest banned member in history". 15 posts, in one day, 10-15 minutes probably in the race. Maybe he was trynna get to be the fastest poster. I don't know.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:40 pm »

Sounds good!

Yeah , we (Europe) kinda get left behind sometimes.... We have to wait months later than the rest of the world for stuff to get released here , if it even shows up at all , and then we (U.K.) have to pay almost extortionate taxes on top.

It's why I have so many things imported.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:33:40 pm by Orochi_X »

Offline BadChad

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »
Nice setup Orochi!

Im gonna be putting together a 4 player MAME cabinet soon. Already have my dual arcade sticks from X-Arcade. Just need to get my 26' LCD and a cheap computer to run it on. Then Im gonna have to modify my 4 player D&D Tower of Doom cabinet a little bit. And Im probably going to sell my D&D Tower Of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara boards to cover some of the cost since Ill probably never play them again (hell I dont even play them now).

I also have a pretty unique idea for my cabinet I havent seen on anybody elses cabinets (witch I can see alot of people doing to theres once they see mine). Ill definetly get a video up for you guys when shes finished, but that wont be for a another couple months or so.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:10:54 pm by BadChad »

Mighty Final Fight Mod In Progress

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 12:07:46 am »
I have the same plans as you badchad when i have my new room up in a couple of months im going to be makeing my own arcade cabinet. So maybe we could have a topic for designs and such for  everyone to  post all there arcade cab designs and what have you or anything related to it.  >:D

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal