Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 145
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Mod idea: Lavalit Collab  (Read 31169 times)

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
Re: Mod idea: Lavalit Collab
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 02:59:33 pm »
I can get on MSN in about 5 mins. Send the files to me and I'll sort it out. I think we'll make a new sub directory in the downloads section. I'll have to have a quick word with the other admins about an idea I've got first.

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline danno

• remember...you're unique, just like everyone else
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 04:03:05 pm »
send you my msn

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 07:12:34 pm »
Right , I've got the files. Before I upload them , I need to get a definite list of members in this collab.....

Also , you need to get a gameplan going. Are you going to produce a hero , some enemies and a couple of stages each (In which case , I suggest using the colourdepth setting so you don't need to worry about palette issues). In which case , I can't see a real reason for sharing/hosting your work just yet. Once you're ready to put it together , you'll need someone to combine the work....

Or are you going to assign a different task to each member (Like GA:Myth - barito is doing all the coding while others are producing the sprites etc)? If so , I'll be happy to make a folder for the collab in the downloads section.

Either way , I suggest you decide on a "team leader" of sorts....Someone to keep things moving.

I know this sounds like a chore , and it probably will be....You'll need to discuss and agree on every aspect of the mod , down to "little" things like fonts and lifebars.

I'll give it a couple of days before we make any changes to accomodate this collab , just to give you time to gather your members and ideas.

Finally , I'm too busy to give 100% of my time/effort , but I (and I assume most other modders who are in the same situation) will give all the help/advice I can.  ;)

Good luck!

Offline danno

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »
 I'm defo in on the collab, as far as story goes I was thinking, players created by each modder come together to battle a common enemy, what I was hoping for is each modder to upload afew characters and stages each,then when thats done we could all look at each others work and star smashing things together.

As for assigned tasks, I dont mind doing animation, art work or music. I uploaded my files because I want other modders in this collab to what style I want to bring to the table.

lbf

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 09:01:03 pm »
hey guys, i see you are trying to get a collabo going... I'd like to join.  as of now the objectives of this project seem pretty open but it sounds fun.  I dunno if I can commit full time but I'd like to contribute.  how do i sign up?

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:27 pm »
Heres my thing. I can contribute as an artist, but as much as I know of OpenBor I have zero actual experience with the modding aspect. This is why I suggest we keep assigning tasks open- some of us may prefer some tasks to others, while some of us can do levels and enemies- whatever. If anyone's willing to contribute, then I think thats good enough.

I'm willing to spend some time on this, but I do have other things too (just to be clear). So count me in. I recommend that Danno be the group leader & coordinator- that means we ask his permission to do stuff, or ask him what he would like from us- generally, just in charge of the whole thing and then he would wrap up/fix everything to work together.

Comments, suggestion, flames?

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 01:50:15 am »
Well you know I'm all for danno's idea because it's more or less the same as mine, sort of like a Kingdom Hearts of OpenBOR if you will. As far as who's leader, I could care less, as long as we get this thing together!

And Fightn Words, any contribution is a good one  ;D Plus I'm glad to see Orochi ready to support us! And I also added you and lbf to the Interested in the first post.

But first things first, we really have to agree on what this mod will be about. Will be it be a collage mod like danno and myself mentioned, or should it be a totally original mod?

Offline danno

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 07:08:24 am »
 Here's what I was thinking just for structures sake.
 The game starts off with one hero and one story,the story is not much to start with because the plot will thicken as the story progresses, at the end of the first level another hero will appear and tell you about his/her  plight and its integral to yours so you both continue on your way.
 With the newly joined hero comes a new level and new enimies,maybe even a new style, repeat this step 2 or 3 times and thats your chracter and story build up sorted, but their should be a hidden background story that only makes sense visually,what I mean is if we are going to use different styles and atmospheres (as the game progresses and not to start with because I think that would be alittle messy) then only the player of the game will notice the changes and not the characters themselves in the story.
 A point in the game will be reached and the characters will become aware of themselves,''Whats going on?'' moment of clarity situation, and then the background story will become the main focus which is either.

1.the game becomes aware of itself with all the strange goings on with level changes,losing lives but not dieing,style changes etc, so you get a situation where reality and the game gets confused,basically the characters in the game realize their just characters in a game and are not real and we the modders are the characters new target/boss and they want to beat 'us' because it the only why to end all stories and game.

I thought about this idea because it allows us to be abstract but also to have a point to the game and I think this will work best in complimenting each modder who contributes individual style/character etc.

or

2. The main boss has a time/dimention machine that is warping games and stories together and the only way to fix things is to beat him so everyone can return to ''normal''

3. none of the above lol I'm open to ideas.

Offline Fightn Words

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 07:11:54 am »
I'm open to whatever you guy's decide- whats you're personal preferences, what you would lean more toward?

Offline danno

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 09:02:25 am »
 I like the idea of a mod that relates to the player of it and its creators, oh and as for being head of this project I I'm not so sure I'd be a good candidate it is Nicks idea after all.

Offline Fightn Words

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 11:39:24 am »
How about you & Nick both head it then? The reason I recommended you as group leader was because you were the most proactive about this project. Nick's great at creating ideas and starting projects in general- I think between the two of you, you should decide the direction. It sounds like you know what you want and the idea is pretty original (plot wise) and it leaves it open for modders to do there own thing too. I have a few ideas to spin you're & Nick's way when you're certain of the direction you want. It sounds like this is the way everyone wants it- any other ideas, or alternate plans to suggest? Speak now.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 03:33:53 pm »
 I think the only contribution I'd give to this project are just some enemies (hard enemies anyone?  ;D). Maybe some items also.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 04:11:44 pm »
Number 1 is a great idea! So is number 2 , but I'm using a similar story mechanic for NG:C. So , anyone else who uses it will be faced with a permanent ban!  >:D

Joking aside , the 1st idea will allow for the varied styles of the team.

Offline Fightn Words

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 07:24:50 pm »
Orochi_X, will you be joining us? The more the merrier!

Offline Orochi_X

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 07:44:05 pm »
I'm really busy at the moment. Real life aside , I've picked up MK:SF again now that we have script and truecolour to accomodate all my ideas for the mod......Of course , I'm still working on NG:C , too.

I am tempted , though. I'd just hate to say yes only to find I don't have the time.

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal