Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix  (Read 95253 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix(Check first post for Char list)
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2010, 01:27:19 am »
Hey guys, I got some screen shot for the new stages:
Round 3 - Streets of rage 2

I ripped and made this stage at the request of a sega forums user.

Possible Future:

After playing Sonic CD recently, I came to realize how cool the background art was in that game. I used a background from one of the special stages, and used texture sprites from Sonic 3's Deathegg stage for the panel. I made this stage for Silver the hedgehog to use in arcade once I put it in. I'm trying to make at least one stage for each character in that mode. Once arcade mode is implemented, I'll start on making secret characters to unlock in that mode. 1 of them is about done now.  ;)

New Junk City:

Stage 1 from the Earthworm Jim game. I plan on using this stage some time in my final project, so I went ahead and made it for worm man himself once he's on the beta demo.  :)

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2010, 02:57:11 am »
 Pretty cool DJ! That SoR2 uses SoR2 music also right? it's one of my favorite music of the game.

Hmmm... new junk city is filled with tires, I hope it doesn't tire players ;D. Anyways, do you have clue which tire is the 'ground'? IIRC in Earthworm Jim, tires bounces Jim upward forcing him to leave the tire area.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2010, 08:39:59 pm »
Pretty cool DJ! That SoR2 uses SoR2 music also right? it's one of my favorite music of the game.
Dreamer? I'm using the remix for that level in SOR remake.  :)
My favorite was Too Deep BTW, the round 4evel in the elevator that leads to the boss fight with abedede.  ;D

Hmmm... new junk city is filled with tires, I hope it doesn't tire players ;D.
pfft lol

Anyways, do you have clue which tire is the 'ground'? IIRC in Earthworm Jim, tires bounces Jim upward forcing him to leave the tire area.
lol, I just used it as the ground, nothing more, but you do "RC". I'm saving the ground you actually walked on for the first level of EWJ2, because that level barely had any real ground, just scenery placed in front of jim's feet.

X)

« Reply #468 on: August 28, 2010, 08:05:50 pm »
Yo guys, here's a video I made, but forgot to post:
Spoiler
If anyway forgot or missed it, the new update was uploaded for the beta demo. Be sure to try it out and let me know what you think of the add-ons.
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,2609.0.html

X)

« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2010, 01:01:31 am »
Hey guys, I need to ask for some advance on this stage I posted before:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3048/fullpanel.gif

Now, this is what Bloodbane posted:
You should smoothen the edges to make it more natural (it's tough work I know).
I've tried to do this, and I'll attach the image so you guys can see it so yall can let me know if I did this right. The one on the bottom was my second try, when I released how the direction on the first one was kinda off.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #470 on: August 31, 2010, 02:35:45 am »
 I thought you are going to post the whole panel but a portion instead. Anyways, the 2nd is better.

While I'm here, are you going to update the AI for 2D levels? From the video, it's kinda waste of space if all brawlers are only fighting on top floor.

Ah, it turns out the tireyard is 3D level. I thought it's 2D.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »
I thought you are going to post the whole panel but a portion instead. Anyways, the 2nd is better.
That all I did, and it was just to make sure I was on track with what you meant. Not that you've confirmed it, and can get on with the rest of the stage, and use this for other 3D levels such as this.  :)

While I'm here, are you going to update the AI for 2D levels? From the video, it's kinda waste of space if all brawlers are only fighting on top floor.
At one point I will, I'n always concentrating on new characters that I don't touch the A.I. unless for adjustments. This will be something I'll have to get on later, but for the most part, they do sometimes perform the drop attack and Super jump moves(for going up and down the platforms), but only when they're trying to actually attack.

Ah, it turns out the tireyard is 3D level. I thought it's 2D.
Oh. Yeah, it's 3D. I'm saving the 2D work for the 1st level of Earthworm Jim 2, and the snot level from the first.

---------
While I'm here, I have a question to ask: Remember that level script for spawning entities in a certain spot of the level, regardless of screen position? Is there a way to do this when spawning from entities? If you look at the attachment below this post, you see the character list for the next roster, but two of the Icons have a "?" on them, because you will have to unlock them. When the player unlocks them, and selects them from the char select screen, I want to be able to show the characters icon when unlocked. I was thinking of spawning a single icon frame as a type none entity in the exact spot of their "?" icon. I was thinking of using anim wait to spawn with, but could end up anywhere because the players are in different places. Unless someone has a better idea for something like this, can anyone come up with a suggestion?

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #472 on: September 02, 2010, 04:52:17 am »
 Unfortunately, OpenBoR crashes when entity spawns something in select screen :(.

The only solution I could give you is the trick made by malik for his select screen. His trick allows selection box to appear on character's portrait in select screen. With this trick, you can cover the ? box with icon.
 Hmmm... Kazuya test demo doesn't have this implemented so you might need to ask malik directly. Oh yes, magggas also use this trick in his MK mod.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #473 on: September 02, 2010, 04:31:13 pm »
Unfortunately, OpenBoR crashes when entity spawns something in select screen :(.
Really? I remember a long time ago, OX said you could do this to add effects or something.
The only solution I could give you is the trick made by malik for his select screen. His trick allows selection box to appear on character's portrait in select screen. With this trick, you can cover the ? box with icon.
 Hmmm... Kazuya test demo doesn't have this implemented so you might need to ask malik directly. Oh yes, magggas also use this trick in his MK mod.
Thanks, I'll ask them about this.  :)

X)

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
« Reply #474 on: September 02, 2010, 05:07:16 pm »
I said what?!?!?!?!   :wow!:

That's just crazy!

Before I started to script my select screens , I used some trickery with anim wait but I never tried anything like what you are asking about.

Using anim wait alone wouldn't work as the changes would only appear when the character is selected.

I might have an (almost) script free idea but I want to do some testing first.....

How many ? boxes will you need and do you unlock all the chars at the same time?

Spoiler
Or you could come over to the dark side and script your select screen  >:D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:10:26 pm by Orochi_X »

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

« Reply #475 on: September 02, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »
I said what?!?!?!?!   :wow!:

That's just crazy!

Before I started to script my select screens , I used some trickery with anim wait but I never tried anything like what you are asking about.

Using anim wait alone wouldn't work as the changes would only appear when the character is selected.
Really? I remember you giving someone tips on adding effects to the select screen. I think i may have been the guy who was making a rage of the dragons mod.

I might have an (almost) script free idea but I want to do some testing first.....
Ok.

How many ? boxes will you need and do you unlock all the chars at the same time?
2 at the moment, but there will be three next time for a streets of rage villain. As for unlocking, I wanna unlock them when you complete a certain stage, specifically, the stage you fight them in on the upcoming arcade mode(1-on-1 or more depending on players). I remember this was done before on skull kings, when a character was selectable after beating the stage, but I don't see anything specific on how that works, I just see the normal one for unlocking when you beat a level, and making only being able to pick them on sets that were locked.

Or you could come over to the dark side and script your select screen  >:D
I'll need someone to walk me through it, like the music menu script(That i still didn't finish.  :eyebrow_action: )

X)

« Reply #476 on: September 03, 2010, 09:10:40 pm »
Yo guys, I've seem to have ran into some bugs.

While testing one of the new stages for the Beta Demo, with platforms to jump on, I ran into another bug. It seems the animation script is messed up on one of the A.I. Characters. To try and figure out who, I began testing the stage, replacing every A.I. spawn with just one character. I tired this with a number of characters, but it was too slow. So, I took the original copy of the stage, and started replacing every character with sonic (He was the first on the list) 1 char at a time as I tested. When I did this, the stage seemed to run fine once both Vector and Knuckles were replaced. So, I went back, fixed the script to better settings with knuckles, and spawned him over every char like I did before, and there was no bug. Once I changed the chars back, OpenBOR still bugged out on me. I even went back and took the script off knuckles, and it bugged again. I got these same resualts when I did the same testing with Vector. I tried the stage again with both Knux and vector replaced with sonic, and still, I got cut off. I then got the idea to do this with a char who I didn't give the script, luckily, earlier testing showed I forgot to add the script to saul, so I used him to replace chars. As I got furthor down the list, I ran into yet another problem, this one, the log file didn't show, in fact, after I replaced E-102 Gamma, OpenBOR just bugged out before the stage even loaded. I checked the log again, and got this:

Code: [Select]
Loading models............... Done!
Object engine init........... Done!
Input init................... XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller) - 10 Buttons
Done!

Level Loading:   'data/levels/3D/Sonic6c.txt'
Total Ram: 534786048 Bytes
 Free Ram: 0 Bytes
 Used Ram: 301527040 Bytes

Loading 'S6c-2'
Loading 'S6c-1'
Loading 'S6c-0'
Loading 'SAUL_B'
Loading 'E123_Omega_B'
Loading 'Emerl_B'
Loading 'Toejam_B'
Loading 'EARL_B'
Loading 'JOE_MUSASHI_B'
Loading 'SKETCH_B'
Loading 'RISTAR_B'
Loading 'VECTORMAN_B'
Loading 'CHAKAN_B'
Loading 'Ray__B'

Failed to load: data/chars/rash/gr.wav
Loading 'RASH_B'

Failed to load: data/chars/Spark/pain.wav
Loading 'SPARKSTER_B'

Level Loaded:    'data/levels/3D/Sonic6c.txt'
Total Ram: 534786048 Bytes
 Free Ram: 0 Bytes
 Used Ram: 291495936 Bytes

As you see, no real bugs are stated, however, testing this problem before, I found out that the char after the last on the list to be loaded, in this case 'SPARKSTER_B', is the char that's cuasing teh system to fail. Remeber, this has nothing to do with the animation script I was testing before. The thing that gets me though, only two entities left to be loaded after 'SPARKSTER_B' are two of the warp TVs, but they always worked fine up until I started replacing chars with Saul, so they can't be failing the engine, I haven't even touched their txt files since the last update and they worked on there, and even before then. I hope this is clear enough what my problems are, but at this point, any progress I was making with this has been put on stop mode. I will go code some other stuff, but I wanna regulate these problems now. I may be able to get something if I remove the script from the A.I., and redo them one char at a time until one faults, so I hope it works, because I'm really close to getting this update done.

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #477 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:47 am »
 Hmmm... have you tried disabling some of enemy spawns to see which one is the culprit?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

« Reply #478 on: September 04, 2010, 02:14:26 am »
That's what I was doing when I replaced each character one at a time with character who were working. I switched every entity as sonic to, and he didn't crash, and saul didn't have the script, so he couldn't crash. While I was doing this, Openbor started crashing while loading the stage, the log file of that event is posted in code(you know, that big gray area).

X)

« Reply #479 on: September 05, 2010, 06:57:34 pm »
After more testing, I've seem to come across the characters who are crashing the game. The characters are Vector, Silver, Omega, and Earl, and the game hasn't crashed once since I took off their animation scripts(after making copies before this). I don't know why they are bugged, and the scripts seemed to be placed right. If anyone could look at the attached files and figure it out, I'd appreciate it. Till then, I'll see if I can figure it out myself at home.

X)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal