Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 70
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Sega Brawlers Megamix demo  (Read 47601 times)

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix Demo v8.8
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2011, 06:21:27 pm »
Yo people, me again. For some reason, the last upload of SBMM couldn't load font#1, but I fixed it now, and I'm playing it right now so I know it works. You can download it here:
http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=157

X)

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2011, 02:18:36 pm »
Finally sat down to play this.  I'd actually argue that there's too many characters but I know that the crossover idea is part of the appeal.  However not only does that affect the long load times, it'll make balancing the game a headache.  Case in point, Gunstar Heroes seem a little overpowered.  I will say that I'm very impressed with the level design and the special menu systems.
FOLH Progress
Primary game: Done!
Extra mode: Done!

Street Team: Reign of the Iron Dragon - http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6240.0.html

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:03 pm »
Man, the last time I tried this it was like v4. I need to pick this up again sometime and see what's new.  :laughing:

« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2011, 10:49:08 pm »
Finally sat down to play this.  I'd actually argue that there's too many characters but I know that the crossover idea is part of the appeal.
Yeah, it can be overwhelming, which is why the menu's have colors, to show hoe many A.I.s are in the stage. I believe I put it down in the readme.txt. My best advice is that in big fights, don't get in the middle, attack from the outside.
Also, this is the reason I also have adventure and Arcade mode, but both need more content.

However not only does that affect the long load times, it'll make balancing the game a headache.  Case in point, Gunstar Heroes seem a little overpowered.
True, and there's not much I can do about load times, but for the balance for shooters, I may alter their MP so you wont spam your shots. I tried to do this with Alisia dragoon, but it may need more work.

I will say that I'm very impressed with the level design and the special menu systems.
Thanks.  ;D

Man, the last time I tried this it was like v4. I need to pick this up again sometime and see what's new.  :laughing:
It's mainly the roster of characters, but after I get Max and a few Golden Axe chars ready for this mod, I'll work on arcade mode next so yall can fight them bosses. The new Golden Axe Legends mod has some good choices, and even enemies I thought I'd have to rip myself.  ;)

X)

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
What up folks, I got the Sega Brawlers updated and uploaded. Get it here folks:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kgbjuysyj62lg2a
4 new chars to the roster, and 5 stages in battle mode. Coming up next: A new mode.
I also edited my last upload in the downloads section, so approval needed. Peace.
EDIT: Almost forgot to mention3 things:
SBMM is paked now, no data folders here(yet), and use the OpenBOR build that comes in this zip file, the current ones now mess up the Front Panel and puts in in the middle of the screen. Once I figure out how it works, I'll update it for current builds. Also, remember to visit the option menu to change your controls, and set keys for attack 1 through 4.

X)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:49:40 pm by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

Re: Sega Brawlers Megamix Demo
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2011, 01:55:58 am »
Here's a new video I just uploaded. For those who haven't already downloaded this, check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNk0WNmYsok

X)

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2011, 04:13:19 pm »
I really loved the 16bit spirit, and the evolution of your mod always amazes me. ;)

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:47 am »
It's that time again folks. Keep in mind that I wanted to release this on New years eve or day, and I worked hard since last monday to fix up everything, but I couldn't work as fast or as much as I needed to. NY's eve I was gonna release this, but ran into some last minute bugs before uploading it, so I was gonna release this pass 12:00, but then I ran into one bug after another, and just as I'm gonna release it, Earthworm f***in' Jim had his freespecials crossed, so I just gave up and went home. I got it all fixed today but got sidetracked again, and mediafire takes almost an hour to upload it, so I missed the day just by half a damn hour. I guess late's better then never.  :bored:

Anyway, here's the new stuff:

--Rick Taylor and Mutant Rick updated for this mod.

--New moves for Earthworm Jim, Toejam and Earl thanks to The-Man-Of-Tomorrow from deviantart, the same guy who helped me out in the past with TJ&E, but his youtube account was banned.

--The-Man-Of-Tomorrow also provided me with a new stage called "Robotnick's Fortress" that uses a BG from the AoStH cartoon(The one with just sonic and tails, and the only one that featured Scratch and Grounder). I edited the panel to make it bigger.

--Another user from DA, RavTheHedgehog, provided me a stage for Oil Ocean from sonic 2, so I could use this metal remix of it with this guy who raps over it. You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsr-9-6h2Dc
I wanted that stage to be bigger so I edited his original design. This ain't smash bros son.  ;)

--Newly added Alliance mode. Team up with four other heroes to take down hordes of mixed bad guys seen in adventure mode, then face 2 bosses at once. Since this was only 4 stages long, I made this a locked set until you clear adventure. Once I add more stages, I'll unlock by default, I just don't want players unlocking characters all willy-nilly..... at least not yet anyway. Look on the bright side though, at least Shiva, Metal sonic and the others can be used in this mode.  ;)

You can download it here, and I'll upload to Downloads soon: http://www.mediafire.com/?v5jkzdhadnv4nm8

EDIT:
I edited my Sega Brawlers link in the demos section now, needs approval.

X)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:38:49 am by DJGameFreakTheIguana »

« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
What up guys. I haven't done too much work on brawlers since the last release, but I have been going around character's txt files and adding "DropV 1 2 or 1 3" on certain attacks to throw off cheap juggling. It's gonna take a while before I get it all done because I'll have to go through every txt file to do it, but I wanna know if anyone here has any suggestions on it. Should I stick with adding dropV or use another method? I thought about juggle points but you'd have to set a certain amount of points for each character, and some of them have attacks that's meant to juggle, if for any reason the enemy is hit with it in the air, and wouldn't it have an effect on how much they can be juggled? Other then that, is there anything else?

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:10 pm »
 Dunno about you but for me pasting dropv 1 2 to every text should be quick enough. Only couple minutes :).

About your cheap juggling issue, you could use jugglepoint and jugglecost.

I can understand your juggling dilemma, I prefer balancing it with other way. For instance, enemies which can be juggled easily have deadly or annoying attacks so player is in situation to juggle or die ;). Alternatively, you can add knockdowncount combined knockdown power to make juggling harder but possible.

Simply put, you should challenge player's juggling skill instead of limiting it.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2012, 12:51:34 am »
Dunno about you but for me pasting dropv 1 2 to every text should be quick enough. Only couple minutes
Do you not know how many playable characters are in this game now? It's like 60 somethin', and each have 4 txt files, and that's before the enemies.  :laughing:

About your cheap juggling issue, you could use jugglepoint and jugglecost.

I can understand your juggling dilemma, I prefer balancing it with other way. For instance, enemies which can be juggled easily have deadly or annoying attacks so player is in situation to juggle or die ;). Alternatively, you can add knockdowncount combined knockdown power to make juggling harder but possible.

Simply put, you should challenge player's juggling skill instead of limiting it.
There is that, and maybe it could work later on when it's only enemies your fighting, but I really meant it for battle mode, when your fighting other heroes. Just check out what happened around 0:36 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNk0WNmYsok

You also have to take into account that some heroes have combo attacks, and I'd like them to be able to juggle airborne enemies with them till their done. You also have characters like the guardian Heroes who shoot special DBZ style beams.

X)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Mugen creator
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2012, 07:03:36 am »
this mod is amazing in so many aspects. The only thing I don't like too much is the different size of chars (shinobi againts SOR enemies, for example) but its me.

keep the good work.

I also wanna thank you for your Fang rip, from Contra game. we are using it on our upcomming game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHr9-rUavj8

thank you again

« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »
Glad you liked it, and I will fix the size thing int he future, but it wont look to pretty. I have already re sized a few chars though, like the Guardian Heroes and Chaos0(The water creature from sonic)

I also wanna thank you for your Fang rip, from Contra game. we are using it on our upcomming game
Your welcome, and man that game looks pretty sick, and you already have me waiting on this since I saw Spawn in your roster. Big fan of the comics and animated series, and I recently got Armageddon for Xbox. Not as good on some some points as Ghost Rider's game, but still pretty bad a**.  ;D

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2012, 01:28:11 am »
 Hmmm.... I've watched the video and I understand your dilemma. I don't think dropv and jugglepoints could solve it.

I have an idea with script which works like this: in each character's FALL animation, there's counter using script which counts how many juggles this character has taken. If it reaches limit, it will change the animation to other FALL animation which has no bbox at all.
 This will prevent character from being juggled too much.

Haven't tried this yet though but are you interested?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:46:25 pm by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2012, 07:30:31 pm »
Now that i thought about it, I may just stick with DropV cause the tests I did with it came out pretty good, but it wouldn't hurt to try your script to, I can could try it with bosses and other mods.

X)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal