Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: CastleVania BoR  (Read 44373 times)

Offline elliott20

Re: CastleVania BoR
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:51 pm »
**** that looks sweet.  :cheers!:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2009, 04:40:48 am »
 If you only want rats, there are plenty but realistic... hmm... what about the ones in Willow?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2009, 05:44:09 am »
In the game comix zone, Sketch (the hero) has a rat assistant.
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/3/111/Sprite/Sketch.gif
scroll down to the middle of the page and you'll find a full set of his sprites.
he'd actually make a pretty good enemy. you'd have to duck low to hit him as he'd be pretty hard to shoot even from 8 angles.
oh maybe even as a summoned familiar for count Orlock? just sayin'

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2009, 11:45:10 am »
In the game comix zone, Sketch (the hero) has a rat assistant.
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/3/111/Sprite/Sketch.gif
scroll down to the middle of the page and you'll find a full set of his sprites.
he'd actually make a pretty good enemy. you'd have to duck low to hit him as he'd be pretty hard to shoot even from 8 angles.
oh maybe even as a summoned familiar for count Orlock? just sayin'
If you only want rats, there are plenty but realistic... hmm... what about the ones in Willow?

Thanks!

Willow? What system?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:19:51 pm by Darkmanx_429 »
"What a horrible night to have a curse"

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2009, 12:10:09 am »
 Willow is an arcade game by Capcom. It's single player only though.
 One reason I suggested that game is because the 1st boss is giant rat!
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2009, 01:21:42 pm »
Hey guys!  Its been awhile since our last update and we just want everyone to know that the project is still very much alive and well.  Between work and me fighting the damn H1N1 and all other kinds of illnesses, we're still working as much on this as we possibly can!  I just finished creating the gun attack sprites along with finally fixing our bullet issue(my own stupidity for missing something mindless! :laughing:) and just created this little demo reel.  It like the previous vid's uses PierWolf's LOD mod, so props to him for creating it!  The music is subject to change as far as where it will be used, but the 2 tracks are definitely gonna be in the completed game :cheers!: The 2 tracks are titled: "Boss To Lose", a combo of "Nothing to Lose" from Castlevania and "Fortress Boss" from Contra and "Dracula's Destruction", which is the combo of "Dracula's Castle" from SOTN and "River of Destruction 1" from Contra:Legacy of War.  We really looked at some tracks that would come out of left field so to speak, IOW, we wanted to throw some tracks at ya that no one would expect or would hear them and be like" Hell yeah, that's a great mix!"  On behalf of myself and Darkman_X we would like to thank LBF again for his help with our weapon switching issue, and again, thank PierWolf for the LOD mod.  And bare in mind that there are still quite a few bugs to work out, but this was just to show our current progress.  So, now that i've bored you all to death :laughing: without further ado, i give you the weapons reel!  MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laughing:

Castlevania 20XX Weapons Test Reel

Medusa doesnt stand a chance against the Contra Rifle!!! :laughing:

Thanks for watching guys!  :cheers!: and keep your eyes open on this project!
BMC_Warmachine

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2009, 01:37:58 pm »
Awesome Video Warmachime and keep up the good work.

Keepin it Old School

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2009, 01:53:53 pm »
Awesome Video Warmachime and keep up the good work.
thanks Hanzo!  glad you liked it!  working on an alternate pose for our Helsing character as we speak :laughing:

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2009, 03:23:10 pm »
Thats just awesome!! And especially great work on soundtracks - your version of "Dracula Castle" just sounds sweet :cheers!: Keep it up - i am really looking forward to this.
P.S. i hope it will be 2 player game, not 1 player only, 'cuz i think it would be really fun to play this with someone :)
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2009, 03:26:31 pm »
Thats just awesome!! And especially great work on soundtracks - your version of "Dracula Castle" just sounds sweet :cheers!: Keep it up - i am really looking forward to this.
P.S. i hope it will be 2 player game, not 1 player only, 'cuz i think it would be really fun to play this with someone :)
Thanks!  and it wouldnt be Contra without 2 player madness!!!  Thanks for the kind words about the track also ;D

Offline Kolbek

• Look up. Yep, thats my oil painting. :)
    • The Artwork of John Kolbek
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2009, 04:10:21 pm »
Wow!!! I WANT this game!!! It works...it really works combining both games! Excellent vision my friend!
Make it for the DC...lol
Cartoon Hell!!!

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2009, 04:14:38 pm »
Wow!!! I WANT this game!!! It works...it really works combining both games! Excellent vision my friend!
Make it for the DC...lol
Thanks Kolbek!  Darkmanx was the man behind the main plan.  We've proven to be a great team and are feeding off eachothers ideas tremendously!  wait till you hear the plot behind this one!  And i will see what we can do when we get it finished.  Maybe we could port it to DC and PSP!! i would love to tare this apart on the psp!  the main speedbump we have now is figuring out how to code shooting while you walk or run, and how to set up directional firing.  dont have a clue on that one yet!  but dont count us out.  it will get taken care of! 

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2009, 05:53:02 pm »
 :laughing:

If you were fighting the H1N1 virus I'm sure it was a short fight- I still can't beileve all the smoke & BS behind that one.

I realize this is just a weapon test but- will you be giving your enemies projectile weapons also, otherwise I can see the game being a tad too easy to play? Nice work on what you have so far.

Offline Warmachine

« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2009, 06:14:28 pm »

If you were fighting the H1N1 virus I'm sure it was a short fight- I still can't beileve all the smoke & BS behind that one.

I realize this is just a weapon test but- will you be giving your enemies projectile weapons also, otherwise I can see the game being a tad too easy to play? Nice work on what you have so far.
:laughing: yeah no doubt about the h1n1.  doctor asked me what my symptoms were, then immediately after, she said, yep, you've got h1n1 and she came to this conclusion without even testing me!  oh well, wether i had it or not, i was treated as such and got better so its all good  ;D but to answer your question :laughing: we most definitely will be giving enemies weapons like ours.  we want to play this as close to the chest of contra as possible while maintaining the castlevania goodness.  what i mean by that is, have not just one small group of around 4 to 5 gun toting monsters....but have a horde of around 20 to 30 at a time!  we want all the contra madness we can put into this game!  and thanks for the comment about the vid!  :cheers!:

Offline Darkmanx_429

« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2009, 10:00:25 pm »

"Smoke and BS" , last Thursday I had a temp of about 103-104 out of the nowhere and been fighting it still since this weekend. I am just starting to feel better. About 2 months ago my mother-in-law was living with us and she got so bad we had to take her to the doc and then found out she had h1n1. She still stayed with us and I didn't even bother wearing a mask to avoid getting sick and was fine. She eventually recovered.

And yes, there will be all those classic contra elements in there. Still spriting enemies, I got some new stuff in mind. Glad to see everyone's positive reaction to Warmachine's vid!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:01:56 pm by Darkmanx_429 »
"What a horrible night to have a curse"

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal