Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Golden Axe Curse of Death Adder 3.0  (Read 11990 times)

Offline negronomicon

Re: Golden Axe Curse of Death Adder 2.0
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 09:58:58 am »
So i have 2 new GA game today!  :wow!:

Thanks to you also  :cheers!:

Count Monte

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:59 am »
I'm working on an update to the game.  So far here is what I've added:

1)  Kain can now ride the elephant, bull, jaguar and bear.  All the spriting and coding is done.
2)  Cronos has been added as a playable character.
3)  The green thief sprites have been updated
4)  New outside Death Adder's castle level added
5)  New enemy Bitter Knight, based on Night Slashers knight
6)  Various other tweaks

NEW VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1G6gLTVqAo#

Offline nocturnus

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 03:40:31 am »
great!!! very similar to golden axe by bonusjz. can u add counter hits and the modality that u can attack the enemies mre times? it will be marvellous ;) :cheers!:

Offline boss711230

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 03:43:01 am »
Can add Little Trix this role ?

Offline negronomicon

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »
Can add Little Trix this role ?

Please... trix, yeah  :praying:

And let tell me... elephant is a GOOD idea.  :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:

Count Monte

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 04:16:08 pm »
I'd love to add Trix.  Right now I'm working on Tyris Flare (I ripped Milan Flare from GA:TD, and changed her palette so her hair is brown and armor red).

The problem with Trix is that ripping sprites from Revenge of Death Adder is hard for me.  I did Dora, and it look me forever to clean the sprites because I couldn't separate her from the background, so I had to manually remove all the pixels touching her body.  If someone has a way to rip Trix's sprites and send me the sprites, I'll code him and add him of course.  I need help!

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »
If you have Photoshop or any other imaging editor that can edit palettes directly and supports scripted actions, you can rip them quite quickly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlMG4AXDSo#

DC
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:22:22 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Count Monte

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 05:21:27 pm »
Hey Damon, thanks for this.  I don't have photoshop, only GIMP.  I've been able to rip sprites on games that run on Final Burn alpha, and even from Golden Axe:Duel on the Sega Saturn emulator.

However, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder only runs on MAME.  I used AnimGet to capture the sprites for Dora, but there was no way in MAME for me to turn off the backgrounds, so that's why I had to do so much cleaning.  In general, I think that's why there are so few rips for this game, because only a few people have figured out a way to do it.

How would you suggest I go about using GIMP and MAME to get Trix's sprites?

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 06:29:01 pm »
However, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder only runs on MAME.  I used AnimGet to capture the sprites for Dora, but there was no way in MAME for me to turn off the backgrounds, so that's why I had to do so much cleaning.  In general, I think that's why there are so few rips for this game, because only a few people have figured out a way to do it.

Uhm, did you not pay attention? My method is specifically for games that only run on Mame or otherwise don't allow disabling the background. Otherwise why would I bother with it?

How would you suggest I go about using GIMP and MAME to get Trix's sprites?

This however, is a problem. I don't have enough experience with GIMP to help you. I'm not even sure if GIMP can do it at all.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 10:07:21 pm »
If you are lucky enough, the sprites use different colors from the backgrounds.

So you can crop the sprite, use a color selection tool to select colors in the background then delete them. An old game like that shouldn't use too many colors, so likely you can do that in a minute or two.  That is how I ripped the sprites from the original Golden Axe.

BTW, I recall some cave stages have black backgrounds. That is good for ripping playable characters.

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 10:20:27 pm »
If you are lucky enough, the sprites use different colors from the backgrounds.

So you can crop the sprite, use a color selection tool to select colors in the background then delete them. An old game like that shouldn't use too many colors, so likely you can do that in a minute or two.  That is how I ripped the sprites from the original Golden Axe.

BTW, I recall some cave stages have black backgrounds. That is good for ripping playable characters.

They almost always are, and I know they are for Golden Axe II. The technique I described is basically the same as this, except you create a custom palette where the sprites colors are first in order, followed by all other entries in the color table being the desired transparent color.

You then run a Photoshop action that swaps modes around, forces the screen shot into that custom palette, performs a reverse selection, and places said selection on the clipboard ready to be pasted into your working copy. IOW, the computer does all the work. As you can see in my example video, once everything is set up each rip takes just a few seconds. That's what sets it apart from other methods, but also why it requires advanced palette and automation capabilities that Gimp might not possess.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Count Monte

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:45 pm »
Wow, I've been toiling in the Dark Ages with GIMP it seems.  Thanks for the detailed explanation!    So the good news is that Trix's sprites are definitely rip-able.  And I do understand the "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life" philosophy - if I could I would start using this process immediately.

Now, does anyone with Photoshop and the time and interest want to help with this?  I have the patience for this sort of thing (I've ripped sprites for Martial Masters characters for MUGEN -- Drunken Master's idle animation had 35 sprites alone!), but I don't have Photoshop.

I am a big fan of bringing hard-to-get or rare sprites into the home brew community, and I've certainly contributed my fair share over the years.  For this particular Golden Axe game, it would be nice to have Trix.... Heck, I'd be willing to pay someone for their time and effort if they'd assist on this particular character.

Count Monte

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »
Quick update:  Here's a video of Tyris Flare.  I made her by ripping Milan Flare from Golden Axe: The Duel, and changing her palette to that of Tyris.  Also added in her dragon magic.  (the video has frames of animation not showing up for some reason, but don't worry they're all there in the game).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEESMUcGEbo#

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 08:10:05 pm »
For this particular Golden Axe game, it would be nice to have Trix.... Heck, I'd be willing to pay someone for their time and effort if they'd assist on this particular character.

Well, if you'd pay me, I'll do it :). You have his 'unclean' sprites right?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Count Monte

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »
Hey Bloodbane, I don't have the unclean sprites.  But we wouldn't need all his sprites (no need to rip walking vertically, riding animals etc).  Just need his idle, walk, run, attacks, jumps, jump attacks, specials, pain, fall and rising anims. 

PM me if you really do have the time for this, I'm serious about paying:)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal