Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 187
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

Who is your favorite hero in Crime Buster?

Maxima
Ralf
Athena
Kula
Bao

Author Topic: Crime Buster  (Read 14629 times)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Crime Buster
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:41:54 pm »
 Finally I can finish my mod and upload it here. Thanks to SumolX for hosting the partial uploads and fix them (I really need it). Go to download section to get it!

I hope you all have read README and see Howtoplay before playing cause I've explained everything there.
 Oh yeah, I forgot to say that this mod is quite long so you might need to use nice save state feature by SumolX!

Enjoy the mod and don't give up! :D

OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
Re: Crime Buster
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:11:01 pm »
Which OpenBoR version you are using? This mod was designed with ver 2.055 and I've tested that bug there. The only that happen is she performs SPECIAL2 and she's not stuck at all.
 I think I've seen the bug you've mentioned but forgot from which version though.

The latest version 2.1015.

It is the nocost bug issue.
The version 2.0055 have no problem with it but the latest version 2.1015 still have the bug.
I have discuss about this bug previously in Bug Archive.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:27:08 pm by MCW »

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline baritonomarchetto77

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:48 am »
EVVAI! I am downloading it NOW  :cheers!:

EDIT: Bloody, do this version run also on the PSP?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:14:53 am by baritonomarchetto77 »

rakshou

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:31:26 am »
There are a few problems I have with the game:

First of all, some enemies can stand slightly above or below you and can still hit you and you can't hit them.  Case in point, those Blue Mary sprites.  They stand slightly above or below you and can sweep you to death.  I don't know if that is your intention or not.

Second, for some reason, I can't use the down up move during a combo whereas I can do that during the demo version.  That may be just my ineptitude, so enough.

Nevertheless, I am happy you finished this long awaited mod. :cheers!:

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:01:01 am »
So theres four different endings (two of the endings you don't want to get) and one hidden character- believe me when I tell you she is awesome- her speed, strength, reach, etc. are the best. After clobbering myself beating the game I found using her to be a real blast. You'll never want to use anyone else after you unlock her. So now that you finished making this Bloodbane- whats next?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot- I assume you took the scripted stuff out due to errors. I gotta tell you I really missed those cool throw moves.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:19:18 am by Fightn Words »

Omegasis

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:02:09 am »
First of all, some enemies can stand slightly above or below you and can still hit you and you can't hit them.  Case in point, those Blue Mary sprites.  They stand slightly above or below you and can sweep you to death.  I don't know if that is your intention or not.

Yeah, I have noticed that problem too. And it's very annoying. :P

rakshou

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:11:41 am »
There are a few problems I have with the game:

Second, for some reason, I can't use the down up move during a combo whereas I can do that during the demo version.  That may be just my ineptitude, so enough.

Nevertheless, I am happy you finished this long awaited mod. :cheers!:

Here's another problem I have with the game.  In Level 4, the part after the bonus stage after you break the crates, sometimes I can't advance when I beat all the enemies.  This is when I play as Kula.  I don't know if it's the same with the other characters, though.

UPDATE:  I played as Maxima on Level 4 and experience the same glitch. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 04:22:01 pm by rakshou »

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
BloodBane, how do you create the gameover.gif?

Which software and version are you use?

The gameover.gif never repeat after the music play and can proceed to hiscore.gif while I test in my FFDC mod.

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 01:49:42 pm »
So theres four different endings (two of the endings you don't want to get)

Glad you can attain all of them! I'm afraid ppl have trouble getting good endings :).

and one hidden character- believe me when I tell you she is awesome- her speed, strength, reach, etc. are the best. After clobbering myself beating the game I found using her to be a real blast. You'll never want to use anyone else after you unlock her.

Yep that's correct! I'm happy my stat making knowledge is useful. She's actually my sister's request (Virika is her nickname and you can find here in credits)

So now that you finished making this Bloodbane- whats next?

Now that's the big question I haven't able to answer properly myself. Currently I'm recruited by team of sprite editors, let's see what we can come up with.
Frankly I want to make with simple sprites so they are easier to edit but the move limits (sprites) really limit. I don't want to use punch or kick to make shooting attacks.

I assume you took the scripted stuff out due to errors. I gotta tell you I really missed those cool throw moves.

Actually the real reason I haven't implement those cool scripts is BIG works. Imagine implementing slam script to 18 enemies!! And bosses are out of those. Not to mention some enemies and bosses are going to have slams and scripted attacks too.

So even if latest engine is stable enough, I probably still release this mod like this. I've upgraded this mod more than once (from my judgement this one is Crime Buster version 1.4) so I stop the upgrade to release it first.
 I'm thinking of upgrading this mod though and slams will be there.

To Rakshou: Sorry about that, due to bugs in latest version I have to recommended using old version instead. The inability to combo is the biggest reason I do that aside from bugs.

As for Mary's 'death sweep', it's side effect of 'grabdistance' setting she has. Just by setting 'grabdistance 40', she (and all enemy though) can attack earlier when she's slightly above or below us. I never had this problem cause I can outwit her attacks. I usually use counter attack against her. As for other enemies, it's annoying especially if boss does it but unfortunately they do. I know how to outwit these so it's not a problem.

As for stuck in stage 4, the real cause is Rolling drums. Killing any will make you stuck cause engine thinks roll drum is still alive. In case you don't know, rolling drum is counted in groups.

To MCW: I use Photoshop to make Gameover.gif (and all gif I'm using in this mod). It's version 7.0.
  I think the real problem is delay time in gameover.gif animation. There's a bug which make gameover.gif repeats over n over but the solution to it is by simply give 9 second delay or above to avoid that bug.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Manny Santiago

Some first impressions...
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:23 pm »
I tried and I was "blown away" from what I see here! Just played the first two areas and I am really impressed on what you have done here. I am completely surprised that the characters attacks were so "lightning" fast. Is this why my Rock/Colorado character was "too slow" for you? Your graphical edits really surprised me the most, for I can't do that (got too much stuff in my hands).

You really shamelessly used the "move" command on the running moves. Kudos to you. It may look graphically "not smooth" but it was worth the attack.

That Blue Mary surely gave me a hard time in fighting back. Was it really intentional? My guess that all your characters have aggression turned on.

The only thing that bothered me is that when I died and continued on as Bao for the second part of stage one, he mysteriously kept going down and I couldn't control him. Is it just me or should I play this game in PSP wide screen?

Anyhoo, you really impressed me there. Can't wait to finish it! :)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Some first impressions...
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »
I tried and I was "blown away" from what I see here! Just played the first two areas and I am really impressed on what you have done here.

I am completely surprised that the characters attacks were so "lightning" fast.
Oops, I forgot to slow them down. Naah, you should be grateful they are judging from the difficulty of this mod

Is this why my Rock/Colorado character was "too slow" for you?

No no, even compared to Kelly and other chars in your mod, he feels too slow. Like I said, his animation is so smooth but too slow either.

Your graphical edits really surprised me the most, for I can't do that (got too much stuff in my hands).
:blushing: Really? why, it's my first time! I'm just beginner in sprite edit you know.

You really shamelessly used the "move" command on the running moves. Kudos to you. It may look graphically "not smooth" but it was worth the attack.

1st of all, I've made this mod BEFORE advanced jumpframe (current one) is implemented so I really had no choice. 2nd, I don't care much about smoothness.

That Blue Mary surely gave me a hard time in fighting back. Was it really intentional? My guess that all your characters have aggression turned on.

Wow! I can't believe Mary is the most annoying enemy here. I mean I hardly got trouble with her. BTW There are another enemies who are more annoying than her.

The only thing that bothered me is that when I died and continued on as Bao for the second part of stage one, he mysteriously kept going down and I couldn't control him. Is it just me or should I play this game in PSP wide screen?

HUH??? how could that be?

Almost forgot, about the secret char, she has more moves than other heroes (she's secret hero after all). Some of them can be guessed like D U A, D F A and D U J. She has alternate grabattacks and more jumpattacks. Her diveattack use special though while her jumpup is for other move (see for yourself).
 She has another freespecial whose command is D F Jump.
 Hmmm.... maybe I should make movelist picture for her.

BTW aside from Fight nWords, anybody else get to the end of this mod?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

lbf

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 09:17:47 pm »
Hey Bloodbane, this is the most difficult mod I've ever played... I love it!!! :cheers!:  This seems like a very very finely tuned mod.  The sprite edits are great as well as the intelligence of the enemies.  I made it to Bane but I couldn't beat him, damn his henchmen!  Maxima has a vicious grab combo which makes beating down the enemies all the more satisfying.  Keep up your hustle. 

rakshou

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 10:11:48 pm »
To Rakshou: Sorry about that, due to bugs in latest version I have to recommended using old version instead. The inability to combo is the biggest reason I do that aside from bugs.   

How old does the old version have to be?  All I see for download is versions 2 and up.

Edit:  Never mind.  I found it and can combo like crazy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:37:07 pm by rakshou »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 12:38:05 pm »
 Yep, that's Maxima. His grab combos are deadly.

Hmmm... about Bane, which path you use to meet him? Main path (if you succeed chasing the truck) or Alternate path (if you failed chasing truck). Truck chase is presented at last level of 4th stage BTW.

I feel like I should make poll about favorite hero (EXCLUDING secret hero that is) but maybe I should wait.

BTW anybody noticed that Kula's Diamond Breath and Diamond Wave deals bigger damage if enemy is close to her when she performs any of them? It's small detail I don't know how to put in Howtoplay. I decided to leave it to players to discover.

(After coming from Review section)

:hmm: I wonder ppl got stuck with Skystar. Oh well I guess I will have to spoil something here starting from her.

See pictures below. 1st one shows Skystar who is about to shoot. 2nd and 3rd shows how close slow hero like Maxima could be to her. They also show that Skystar does drops down.
 So what makes her drops down? She's the leader of Jetpacks and she can shoot. However her shot has limited range that's why when hero stand outside of range, she drops down to shot forward while floating close to ground.
 So what then? well THIS IS YOUR GOLDEN CHANCE to attack her!

Attachment timed out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 01:27:08 pm by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:44 pm »
I haven't gotten a chance to download this yet but I must say great job.  You've been working on this for a while and all that hard work shows.
FOLH Progress
Primary game: Done!
Extra mode: Done!

Street Team: Reign of the Iron Dragon - http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6240.0.html

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal