Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 189
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Uh, hello there. :3  (Read 891 times)

Offline Shibuyah

Uh, hello there. :3
« on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »
I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I wanted to introduce myself--plus, this is the general discussions area, so this might be the right place. XD
Anyways, I'm Colin, but you can call me Shibuyah--or Shib, Shibby, whatever you want as long as I'm not late--I'm a rookie pixel-artist with a love for video games, and constantly getting ideas for my own.
Problem is, I don't know a thing about coding whatsoever--plus, I haven't been strict, making myself sit down to study game-making programs.(Such as Stealth's E02 engine here: http://stealth.hapisan.com/E02/)
I am a decent pixel-artist though, so at least God blessed me with something somewhat technical. XD
http://shibuyah-kun.deviantart.com/
I've uploaded several things to DA, even if they aren't perfect, but I do my best and have fun.
I hope I can learn how to use OpenBOR, and make friends here. ^w^

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Uh, hello there. :3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:04 pm »
 Hi Shibuya! welcome to the forum :)!

Nice sprite work there! you made those from scratch?

Anyways, learning OpenBoR is easy, you only need to try :).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Shibuyah

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:55:28 pm »
Thanks Bloodbane, I did make most of them from scratch--although I use reference for some of them, I've been working on doing things completely custom for a little while lately. :3

It is? Cool, I'll need to look into that then. ^w^

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »
Your spritework is pretty interesting, dude! Have you ever made sheets with full animations, or do you typically stick to specific frames (standing around, etc)?

Offline Shibuyah

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »
Your spritework is pretty interesting, dude! Have you ever made sheets with full animations, or do you typically stick to specific frames (standing around, etc)?
Thanks Nicky, I'm glad you like them--I have dabbled in doing animations here and there, but I've mainly been doing one-frames. And costumes.
I have a little mock-up project up my sleeve to slowly get the ball rolling on animating again, so hopefully that goes well. :3

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 03:12:53 am »
No pressure really. Bloodbane, myself, and others have proven lots of times that you can make fun games with limited sprites. Depending on the style of the game, something like 10-15 frames per character wouldn't be bad at all. While it would be awesome if you could make like 200 frame custom sprites, I wouldn't sweat it for the time being.

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:13 pm »
nice pixel art you have there.  openbor from a artists point of view is like a animation program you just have to learn how to use it.  it uses very simple commands you don't need to learn any complex coding at all, and the best thing is you can learn from other mods you play/unpack.

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »
What up Shibuyah. Your sprite art is pretty tight, and your getting a watch from me to.  ;)
Me and you are opposites though. I barely know anything about script but far as basic coding go, I'm pretty good with it, you can see it from any one of  my demos, Sega Brawlers, Cosmic damage, demon's hand, and Pokemon Rumble 2D. If you ever need any help, I'll be sure to look out for you if I'm around, but as msmalik681 said, your best bet is to open a mod and look into, but be sure to play a few of them first, you might find a good project to base your work on, like I did with BWWD's battletoads and CybersoulX's Megasonic(Still in progress of remoding). On a side note, I've been looking for sprite makers like you for years now, trying to find help for sega brawlers, so if you have some free time, me and you could chat about that.  ;D
Anyway, that's all from me. Welcome to Lavalit, Peace out.

X)

Offline Shibuyah

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 11:57:49 pm »
No pressure really. Bloodbane, myself, and others have proven lots of times that you can make fun games with limited sprites. Depending on the style of the game, something like 10-15 frames per character wouldn't be bad at all. While it would be awesome if you could make like 200 frame custom sprites, I wouldn't sweat it for the time being.
True, I've played games that used sparse animation--but it flowed well despite the low number of frames. :3
True, and I can tell you I'm a perfectionist--if I do something, I want to do it right. Even if I face a bunch of sprites to make, I want to give it the best of my ability. XD
nice pixel art you have there.  openbor from a artists point of view is like a animation program you just have to learn how to use it.  it uses very simple commands you don't need to learn any complex coding at all, and the best thing is you can learn from other mods you play/unpack.
Thank you Malik, I've never sat down to look at how BoR operated, so it's nice to know that I won't be puzzled by a language that seems foreign. XD
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. 'w'
What up Shibuyah. Your sprite art is pretty tight, and your getting a watch from me to.  ;)
Me and you are opposites though. I barely know anything about script but far as basic coding go, I'm pretty good with it, you can see it from any one of  my demos, Sega Brawlers, Cosmic damage, demon's hand, and Pokemon Rumble 2D. If you ever need any help, I'll be sure to look out for you if I'm around, but as msmalik681 said, your best bet is to open a mod and look into, but be sure to play a few of them first, you might find a good project to base your work on, like I did with BWWD's battletoads and CybersoulX's Megasonic(Still in progress of remoding). On a side note, I've been looking for sprite makers like you for years now, trying to find help for sega brawlers, so if you have some free time, me and you could chat about that.  ;D
Anyway, that's all from me. Welcome to Lavalit, Peace out.

X)
Thanks DJ, I gave you one as well--anyway, I'm rather fond of beat 'em ups, so a custom project would probably be fun. :3
If I need help, I'll let you know.
And that sounds fun--I'll be working on some old requests after I finish my two mock-up projects, so I can at least try to help somewhat.
I don't know how helpful I can be, but I can try my hardest.

Offline agu

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 11:35:06 pm »
Emmm shybi Hi, we have many differences huh lol, I also I have a lot to learn, a good time and I hope you can meet people, I wish you well, greetings ;)
My main projects:

The Fearless Warriors  Edited Version 2012 (In Progress)

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal