Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 185
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Tagmar - OpenBOT  (Read 2277 times)

Offline trodrigues

Tagmar - OpenBOT
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:50 pm »
Hello,

I am a beginner in OpenBor and so I would pick up some tips for you's.
 Like Pierwolf like AD & D and always creates mods on this topic I also like RPG and would like to make a tribute to Tagmar RPG, which was the first National RPG.

The world has some Tagmar peculiariades different from AD & D, the main one being the existence of armor, so I am having trouble with the sprites of the player characters.

I started editing this dwarf from dwarf and the orc king of dragons in the game, but I'm out of ideas of what to use as freespecial 2 and 3, since the first is the throwing ax.

Other professions that will make future are: priest, mage, tracker (ranger), bard, rogue.

If anyone has any idea what sprites use or to realize that doing something stupid, please let me know, has given me a lot of work to do this.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: Tagmar - OpenBOT
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »
 Nice edits!

but I'm out of ideas of what to use as freespecial 2 and 3, since the first is the throwing ax.

You don't have to make everyone so skilled. Remember that King of Dragons has simple gameplay without freespecial at all and it is fun to play.

Anyways, my suggestion for freespecial2 is throwing axe upwards (useful to hit flying enemies ;) ).

Last, no it's not stupid idea. Go for it! :)
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:42 am »
BloodBane Hello, thanks for the encouragement and especially for the tips, so you have some more concrete results I post!

Hugs!

(If I write something hard to understand is because I am Brazilian and I use the google language tool to do the translation)

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »
Hello folks, as it could not be, I'm having trouble with the sprites, I realized that when something cut out and paste in sprite, it gets blurred, usually around the sprite cut, does anyone know how to fix this:

Offline becker

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 05:44:46 pm »
Its hard to see what you are talking about with that snapshot. If you resize the sprite then the paint program creates new colors to try to blur the image. This looks fine on real photographs but it ruins pixel art. The blurred colors are between the background and character color so they are different and will not be part of the transparency color. It looks like the sprite sheet you used had a light blue background. The engine handles color exactly and knows the difference between #FFFFFF and #FFFFFC even though both look pure white to our eyes. Be careful when editing sprites because some methods cause the paint program to make up new colors that look similar. This usually happens when resizing characters.

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »
Hello Becker, his observation interesting, but I think the real problem was time to make the cut in the sprites, I was using the tool with anti-aliasing, a friend showed me not to use, I did some tests and it seems that it worked, since tomorrow the result.

About resizing, then I'll have to do this with the Dwarf and Halfling characters, the dwarf must be reduced in size by at least 30% and 50% halfling, is there any way to do this resizing without loss of image quality?

Offline becker

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »
Anti-aliasing is the effect that causes the problem. There are settings to resize without anti-aliasing but I do not know the settings. I have not had to resize characters yet. You can try a setting and zoom in to see if it added new colors. Look for a setting that does not add colors. I think someone said the Microsoft Paint that comes on Windows will resize pixel art correctly.

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 03:07:38 am »
remember you can also try to increase video resolution before you try to resize sprites.
http://www.caskeys.com/arc/games/openbor/wiki/index.php?title=Screen_Modes

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:11:32 pm »
Hello everybody!
 Thanks for the tips!
 In fact, I will not need to resize all the sprites in the game but just a few sprites of characters that has a different size than the default, but it is still early to deal with it.

I'll post the results and thank you for strength and support.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:30:20 pm »
 When I resize sprites for use in mod, I usually do this in indexed color mode. This is not only prevents anti alias effect but to prevent new colors which may be created during resizing.
 If you resize in RGB mode, new colors might appear after resizing and they may not be available in color table/palette. This may cause problems so I avoid it with above method.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline O Ilusionista

• Mugen creator
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:14 am »
You don't need to be in indexed color mode to resize it. If you use phothoshop, you can use the Nearest Neighbor, which maintain the hard edges (pixels).

But this isn't avaliable for the manual resize, just for image size

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:21:32 pm »
Hello everyone!
 I managed to fix the flaws in the clippings, it was the function of smoothing jagged that should be unchecked.
 I also managed to resize without loss in quality by following the tips you's.
 My question now is this, I use openborstats, but as conical flask to correctly position the images and box collision?

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »
Wow! A Tagmar tribute?!? That's great! I didn't play that, but I'm amazed by your initiative! And more D&D is never too much! ;)

Good luck!

--

Caramba! Um tributo ao Tagmar! Que legal! Nunca joguei, mas estou impressionado com a iniciativa! E mais "D&D" nunca é demais! ;)

Boa sorte!

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:43 pm »
Hello everybody!
 It seems that every step solved, new problems arise!
 I managed to solve the problem of dirty sprites and resizing of images following the tips from you. My problem now is the following:
 Use the openborstat (not sure if he is the best tool for this) to arrange the sprites and animations do, however, some issues emerged:

1 - I can not align the sprites properly, while walking, the character is in a position on the screen if it appears an attack elsewhere, which more accurately and quickly position them properly?

2 - I need to put a blue box in each sprite animation?

3 - quam sprite should be a red box damage?

4 - If I put another red box in the same animation, will be a blow that causes two hits combo?

5 - referred to the field power down the field openborstat damage?

Offline trodrigues

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:31:16 pm »
Hello,
 While waiting (anxiously) for the invaluable help's you with the topic of the questions above, wanted to show editing the sprites of the wizard king of dragons and knights of Lancelot of the round. I made this way by the following: In the world of Tagmar, the race provides the most use of magic are the elves and needed some golden sprite someone with yellow or golden hair, I do not know how to include an elf ear on it, then it is likely that it looks like. If anyone has any idea of ​​another type of magician that I can use please let me know.

My idea of ​​his attack is:
 an attack, hit with stick
 Attack 2: Attack of ice
 Attack 3: Attack of the wind

sequence with a 1, 2, 3 or 1, 2, 2, 3

How freespecial I wanted to use:

freespecial 1: something like magic shield that creates a globe of protection making it immune to attacks.

freespecial 2: teleportation spell (serves as elusive to thinking about using this in place of the animation block.)

freespecial 3: fireball

and perhaps include some elemental invocations do not know if you can include some negative state paralyzed as the enemies or slow, does anyone know if it's possible?

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal