Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 156
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: NES Double Dragon.  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

Re: OpenBoR Project: NES Double Dragon. (Yes, 8-bit...)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 02:26:02 am »
Just finished "Linda" Enemy.

Onward to Miguide / Right arm boxer.

bit by bit things are coming together.
Seriously though, If anyone can help me figure out the above mentioned bug, it would be just great.

Edit: Thanks Bloodbane, You've helped me out enough over the years that I've already put your avatar on an in game poster. Once released, see if you can find it. = ) However, Is there no other way to fix this. I'm sure i remember playing other mods where The game slows down after the last hit and the stage doesn't end until the boss actually dies.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:35:14 am by Vyck_St.Judas »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 02:45:01 am »
The game slows down after the last hit and the stage doesn't end until the boss actually dies.

Yeah, I just spotted that. That's odd bug..... wait a second, is there any endlevel entity in the level? IIRC that entity could cause this instant end.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 02:58:15 am »
No endlevel entity, just very straight-forward. I'm also not using any script for this yet.
I plan to use script for a smarter grappling system (with actual wrestling holds and moves), maybe some motion trails for certain moves, but that's only once the foundation is complete. I'd like to keep things as simple as possible.

Another problem I'm having is with "williams" knife attack. I'm trying to make it so "hitflash" plays for regular hits, while blood splashes during others. I've "load"ed the blood flash in models.txt. Williams uses the "hitflash" command during the attack. I'm pretty sure that's all it needs to spawn the blood flash when the attack connects, but so far, no dice.

OFF TO THE WIKI!!!! :cheers!:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:12:32 am by Vyck_St.Judas »

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 03:06:48 am »
On a side note, I'm not very forum savvy i guess, This is the only forum i use, so sometimes I have no idea what you're talking about when you abbreviate. for example, in the past when you've used "AFAIK", "IMHO", "IIRC", It takes me a minute to respond because I'm scouring google for a translation so i can keep up, LOL! I know i should be ashamed of myself, but i found it just funny enough to share. on the plus side I found a nice cheat sheet here:  http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~kemmer/Words04/usage/slang_internet.html
so no worries!  ;D

Offline ryomaneo

• packegedgeneration
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 03:40:02 am »
 ;) Thats one impresive mod right there i got no complains at  the gameplay it  is top percent the stage outlook could use alil improving in size but overall you already got a great path going keep it up and goodluck deffinetly already feels like the nes style. :cheers!:

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 04:57:50 pm »
Ill be doing my best. I'm kinda stuck waiting on some things, but not idly. more things need to be redrawn and coded. I'm still deciding whether or not to change the levels.

Honestly, If anyone knows anything about the above issues i'd be able to push forward faster.

Offline dafirus

• LOTDD from Mr.Q :Probably the best mod of D.D.!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »
Wow, I really like that sprites  ;D Nicely done.
D.Dragon mod: LOTDD from Mr.Q - Probably the best of the best Double Dragon mod ever!

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39:58 am »
now to progam this guy:

They have him in DD2 but he's wielding Escrima sticks. He didn't look "Bolo Yueng" enough to me though.
If you dont know who that is, you're probably not old enough to know that Chuck Norris had his bearded butt-cheeks handed to him by the legendary "Little Dragon" the Lee brothers are named after. But no worries, the game will still be fun.
Unfortunately, this left me with no choice but to draw him up from scratch like The DD1 williams in the video.
I also kept and redrew the DD2 version, his name is Chin-Mei. now I'll show a sample of him when i finish coding Chin-tai.

Edit: I'm having the Worst time tying to rip Burnov's Teleport Screech. If anyone can get this, send me a private message and i'll send you the full set of Revamped custom enemies to do whatever you like with.
I'm pretty sure this'll be a fruitless endeavour, But I gotta try. I dont want to release the game incomplete, but without that particular sound byte it kind of is.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:49:59 am by Vyck_St.Judas »

Offline lordzanjin

• Always think before you talk.
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 03:48:02 am »
Nice work dude! :laughing:

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 08:11:02 am »
@nick - I was about to say don't forget the version of him with nunchucks, so I digged up the sprite sheet I had of him and realised you are the guy who made the sprite sheet lol.

I had it because I been messing with an 8-Bit mod too, I'm not doing a double dragon mod thou really, just have some enemies/bosses in it and some other stuff from DD2.  You won't mind if I still use this sheet ?

Great idea for the mod, it looks great so far, been hoping someone would do NES style DD in openbor.
(btw nice work on your custom player too)

P.S - I could have a go and ripping the sound effect for ya, I'd need more info thou where in the game it is (man been like 20 years I don't remember,  I actually owned these games on NES as a kid)

Offline MadZiontist

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:28 am »
WOW, that is lookin' DOPE! Can't wait 'til it's finished. Nice work so far!
"The unbelieving receiving prophecy so true,
I cut the head off the devil and I throw it at you"

-DMC

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:07 am »
No endlevel entity, just very straight-forward. I'm also not using any script for this yet.

There has to be something in the level at least which causes this bug. Can't tell for sure what since endlevel entity is the only thing I know which causes this.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 05:31:31 am »
@Beastie: I wouldn't mind at all. I ripped the sprites so people could have them. As pertains to the sound effect, Burnov is the level one boss of DD2 for the NES. I cant link roms or anything but they're not hard to find. the Best emulator for sound ripping is FCEUX. You can get it from Zophars Domain. You can set the options to mute the sound channels. I just dont know what channel the sound effect is on.
If you can manage to get a clean rip of that death screech, I'll send you a link to the full enemy set. I only ask that if you want to use them in a mod, you're more than welcome to, just please don't release them before me. It shouldn't be long and I worked pretty hard on them.

@Bloodbane: I'll look again, But the only spawns are enemies. I'll do my best to fix this on my own. If i do, I'll post what the problem was here. Any idea what's going on with the hitflash thing? Am I misinterpreting how they work?

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 09:45:59 am »
Ahh yep I know it I've tried it before it's a pain, I'll dig in my stuff maybe I did it already, otherwise will try again, it's a cool sound was going to rip it anyway.

Offline ARGOROK

• May the way of the hero lead you to the TRIFORCE
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 10:23:34 am »
I´m waiting for this masterpiece, hope you fix this bug soon Vyck, keep the good work.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal