Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Return of the Double Dragon  (Read 23539 times)

Offline Mr.Q®

• The Godfather of Modding
    • Sing Lung Iquique
Return of the Double Dragon
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:21:30 pm »
Here it is one of my DDragon projects, I hope releasing the NES DDragon one as well very soon.

http://rapidshare.com/files/52722650/ROTDD.rar.html

Anyways, here I take the original plot that this game was suppoused to have, but sadly got cut into the versions we all know. It features:

-4 music modes.
-Only 1 character (obviously, the dragon characters).
-1 Hidden character.
-Weapons.
-EXTREME difficulty.
-Some original attacks from classics Double Dragon games plus new ones made by me.
-...And of course true DDragon feeling.

Some shots:

And a vid (no sound...crappy pc of mine LOL the fps suck):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QeV7Df_kew

Enjoy this!

PS: this mod has  abug with the knife weapon item, once you pick one up you will have infinite knives, it's going to be fixed soon I suppouse so it's a matter of waiting and that's all :)
Q (L) Reika, and BTW, no more mr. "Nice Guy".

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
Re: Return of the Double Dragon
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:36:10 pm »
I said I'd be first in line to get it! Too bad it's so awesome outside; I'm out for a round of football, but I'll be giving this bad boy a whirl later tonight.

One thing though, please people start using the lavalit upload. Not everyone can or will download from Rapidsucks and Mega-up-your's, not to mention the fact we would like to keep a comprehensive mod database. This is the last one; the next link I find from a download service will be deleted immediately.

Mr. Q, aside from the ill choice of linking, thank you for releasing yet another piece of fine work. I say that before playing; but really.. is there any doubt?

DC
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:38:16 pm by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Mr.Q®

• Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:38:10 pm »
Oh, instead of editing my post I'll make another one XD. Something I had to cope with all these months was the unestable engine. I mean, I know there're tons of difficulties right now taking care of bugs and stuff, I bet is really hard...now I noticed that thing SX said about it might be a good solution going back for the most stable version and start doing things from that that one, well I dunno really what would be the best solution for all of our problems but without a doubt some features added without too much information possibly delayed us into this.

Going back for older commands then again into new ones and etc. was of course a cause of lack of motivation at least for me and all my WIP's (4...well, now just 3 heh).
All I can say is I can see we're finally moving fwd with this since some period of blurry development XD. Script, cleanning bugs, etc, sounds pretty good, I can see that SX and Caskey are taking the stuff in the proper way, but please don't forget about the people who doesn't wanna learn how to code thier own stuff and just want to mod. I dunno if I'm using script just 'cause it meas more loading and Dreamcast users will always hate that. I'm just saying just take that in consideration for that kind of modders who just like to mod and not coding anything haha.

I dunno if I'll finish my other WIp's, I do know that I'll finish nes DDragon of course, but the others, wel lit all depends on how things get moving on. Of course I'll stay close to the scene.

Ok enough talk and try this mod heh..can't belive I'm finally releasing this since it has at least 4 or 5 months of 99% of development!

PS: Couldn't use Lavalit upload sistem :/ Is there any way for that to have a progress bar while upploading? I was going to use it but never knew if I was uploading or not...maybe it was sth about my Internet browser, sorry. I hope it gets a new download link.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:51:42 pm by Mr.Q? »

Offline Orochi_X

• Now! Count up your crimes.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:05:02 pm »
Sweet! Gonna give this a play in the morning.......It's a bit late now  :(

* Orochi_X says : " Sore ga doushita? " :looney:

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 07:40:38 pm »
please people start using the lavalit upload

Couldn't use Lavalit upload sistem :/

I thought I was the only one having difficulty uploading- Ive tried quite a few times with no luck using different file sizes and such. It just doesn't seem to work for me at all. Anyone else experiencing this?

Offline Fightn Words

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 01:49:44 pm »
I'm a little surprised that nobody's posted about this yet. Let me just say, this game is really excellently made. Awesome job, Mr.Q?. You put allot of little touches into the game that really make me think I'm playing something that was professionally made. I will say that the game was (for me) harder then the last Double Dragon you made. I beat it with about 2 credits to spare but I definitely cheated using the "machine-gun knife" to do it. If anybody gets to the second form of the last boss and you find youreself caught in his punches, jam on the special button and don't stop! When I did beat it, after the credits rolled, it said I had unlocked a secret character but for some reason hes not available for me to play with. Did I miss something or is he not selectable?

By the way, I really hope you choose to finish all the rest of you're mods, I think it would be a shame if you didn't.

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 08:29:11 pm »
Hmm.... i'm not sure why http uploading isn't working... but i will look into it!  Can someone join the images together (preview style) so i can upload them to the server.

Great Mod Q! 

Offline kbandressen

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:00:29 am »
Very cool mod!  I just finished playing through it with my roommate and we had a lot of fun; especially when we both pulled off that 'down forward special' move when we had a big group of enemies surrounded!  Just about everything you could think of is polished and feels like a professional game!  But there's a couple issues, at least on version 2.1001.

First, players can hit each other with knives.  I don't know if this is intentional but if it's not, a quick 'candamage' in the knife's txt will fix it.

If is it intentional, it brings up another problem: the players' txt files don't have 'nolife', so when they hit each other their lifebars and HUD show up under the other player's.

Also, the pedestrians and cars are crashing the game as soon as they come onto the screen.  This is probably something wrong with the engine seeing as Fightn Words was able to make it through the game without having it happen.  I just went into the level files and removed them from the spawn list so we could play through the whole game.

I'm also not being able to select the secret character; I remember reading somewhere that you can only play as secret characters in secret levelsets so that's probably why.

Anyhow, this is a really good mod!  I will second Fightn Words's motion that you finish your other stuff.   ;D

EDIT:  GIF for SX!

Attachment timed out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:06:02 am by kbandressen »

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:15:12 am »
i did't know about this but looks really good gonna dl it tomarrow

Keepin it Old School

Offline Fightn Words

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 12:21:20 am »
Hmm.... i'm not sure why http uploading isn't working... but i will look into it!

Thank you SX.

Nice work Kbandressen  :cheers!: !

Offline Hanzo

• One for Da Hood
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 10:29:44 am »
same thing happened at the beginning of the second stage right i defeat the first set of enemies then the screen went through the credits so i thought it could the engine was a bug but i dont want to change of your exquisite work if anyone can reupload a fixed version of his mod i'll would be appreciated but i tried it out before it went bombed on me it was amazing especially the little cutscenes were well done

awesome job Mr.Q :cheers!:

Keepin it Old School

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:31:30 am »
The crashes are due to the same bug that Bonus reported with arrow shots.  For some reason it has become mandatory for walk animations to exist and those are causing the crashes.  I will see if i can fix it today.

Thank You for the preview image!

Offline SX

• Administrator
    • LavaLit
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 11:47:14 am »
Build 1003 will have the fix!  I introduced the bug when i was fixing knife/arrow movement...   Sorry!  So now its fixed for both issues!

P.S.

MR.Q you mod has been uploaded to the site!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:01:14 pm by SumolX »

Offline CyberSoulX

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 03:34:53 pm »
Which version of openbor does this work on? Its crashing on me too. I really want to play this one. 

Offline Mr.Q®

• Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 03:38:07 pm »
First, players can hit each other with knives.  I don't know if this is intentional but if it's not, a quick 'candamage' in the knife's txt will fix it.

If is it intentional, it brings up another problem: the players' txt files don't have 'nolife', so when they hit each other their lifebars and HUD show up under the other player's.

I'm also not being able to select the secret character; I remember reading somewhere that you can only play as secret characters in secret levelsets so that's probably why.

Sorry about that, I thought that if the option for no hitting other players was on, that also cover weapons. My bad :P

About the secret character, well I always thought that every unlocked secret char were suppoused to be used in all modes not only in the secret sets :o

LMAO about machine gun knives hahahaha XD I bet that bug gets very useful with the HARD difficulty.

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal