Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 168
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Castlevania - Legacy of Dracula ver. 2.0  (Read 43769 times)

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
Re: Castlevania - Legacy of Dracula ver. 1.0
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 10:24:15 pm »
This game is cool.

Found something that can be fix:
1- The villages only talk once while player hit them
-- You can repeat their text by using summonframe/unsumonframe, bbox 0 0 0 0 in anim pain, long delay to show the text.

2- Shaft die but the lighting and fire does not stop
-- You can make the lighting and fire stop if they are spawn from Shaft. Input summonkill 2 for Shaft

Found something weird:
1 - The platform cannot be stand on after player move right then return to the left
-- Are you use type none to spawn the platform? They will be remove if player's distance is higher than 2000.

2 - Slogria & Gaibon, lifebar and death animation
-- Their lifebar is covering each other
-- The flying creature suddenly warp into air while I beat it at ground

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 03:46:51 am »
 Alright! Thanks to God, I finally managed to finish this demo. Impressive I should say, although enemies are not.

Nice village level, nice tutorials. The girl giving attack commands makes howtoplay redundant IMO. You should choose one between these two.

Couple stuffs:
1. Try spawning black panthers offscreen. They are too close to spawn in. The case would be different if they are already spawned and are waiting for heroes to come.

2. Don't give long spawn animation for heroes. 'makeinv' is enough.

3. Rather than giving backward dodge as Alucard's slide, you should set that as his dodge move activated by pressing attack2 or attack3 button.

4. Enemies should not use PAIN anymore. Give all of them 'nopain 1' and 'nodrop 2'. You can use script for the blink effect when they take damage.

5. It's nice to see wide area but some parts are best seperated:
- Machine room should be seperated from previous room (4th stage)
- Inner rooms and outdoors should be seperated (3rd and 5th stage)

6. That is also useful to prevent archers and bone pillars to shoot before they are even onscreen.

7. Set walls will you? :). I can't tell which walls are passable or not.

8. Most bosses are fine except for the Slogra and Gaibon which are just too stupid to fight in arena with platforms. Cerberus should jump higher.

9. Be consistent with enemy's name placement. Regular enemy's name is below but bosses' are above. Choose one.

10. It's OK for medusa to shoot petrifying ray but if you want it to hit low also then either make the ray wide or make her shoot low.

11. Oh yes, you should use 'stun' and 'forcemap' for better petrify effect. These two will stone hero and also prevent him from breaking free with SPECIAL ;).

12. I don't like how you set broken stair before going to 5th stage boss. It's hard to tell if running jump is sufficient to pass the gap.

13. Bat and medusa head spawns should be controlled by a spawner entity instead of 'group'. This way, they will always be spawned like in original game.

14. Thrown bone offset is wrong. You can see it clearly when it touches ground.

15. Alucard's running attack is really bad IMO, it's not even good for freespecial. His ground Up,Down,Forward freespecial is even worse. It takes too long to shoot and he needs to teleport back too. Even worse, his shot is blockable and only lasts 1 second. I'm aware that it costs no MP but it doesn't make sense since Alucard has MP.

Anyways, I should give you thumb up for Shaft. That necromancer is surely kickass, took some time to figure out his pattern. Couple counterattack tricks are good enough to kick him to dust ;D ;D ;D.

Some Axe Armors can't throw axes. Sometimes, the effect behind Simon is gone. Other times, other projectiles are missing too. I really don't understand why. Maybe it's engine bug.

It's name is Gaibon.

I have unpacked this demo and fixed gaibon's, cerberus', slogra's and Frankie's AI. Wanna take a look?
 I'm aware that aerial Up,Down,Forward freespecial is cheap due to invincibility in the move but the fixed boss' AI will balance it ;) ;D.
 I'm going to work on Shaft now.

While checking the pak, I noticed you didn't use script, unfortunately because of that, you made your life harder. Frankie's ground blast uses lots of frame while with script you could make it simpler. Gargoyle's and Shaft's drop wasted lots of frame. Even worse, you get the bug MCW mentioned above.
 Also, if you're in 16bit, there's no need to include global palette in entity's palette. You only need exact colors for entity's palette. No need to include projectile's colors either.

Lastly, no need to announce that this demo uses no script. Script is part of engine not some kind of virus. You really need script to make this mod perfect.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:14:13 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:15 am »
This is a nice demo. I have pretty much the same things to say as Bloodbane, so I won't beat a dead horse.

I will reiterate though there were several cases you made your life much harder then it had to be. One or two lines of script could have saved some serious workaround time, not to mention made the module more efficient and killed a few bugs to boot.

One thing that I do like is how you really tried to make the characters unique, especially Alucard. The moves you included for him are as Bloodbane said, about as useful as they were in SOTN (as in, not at all), but still fun to play with. Perhaps you could give him some of the the more pragmatic SOTN attacks, like say the Ice Blade charge attack. Even better, how about adding in his shape changing or summoning his familiars? That would help balance him out against the more combat proficient Belmonts, so long as they had some limits (screen time and MP use).

Personally I never liked Simon's remixed look; in fact I had an idea for a Simon's quest remake, and in it I would have used Richter's sprite with the tunic remapped to red. But here the Simon sprite works by making him stand out.

Richter is Richter. He looks great and animates very well.

The graphics in general are probably this demo's strong suit. It's not as advanced nor has the depth that BonusJZ's effort does, but its much cleaner and less pixelated. To me that makes it a better looking game. You just need to spruce up the mechanics a bit and you'll have a gem!

DC

OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Mr.Q®

• The Godfather of Modding
    • Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 09:54:22 am »
How come I missed this! Getting it now!
Q (L) Reika, and BTW, no more mr. "Nice Guy".

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 07:39:05 am »
This game is cool.

Found something that can be fix:
1- The villages only talk once while player hit them
-- You can repeat their text by using summonframe/unsumonframe, bbox 0 0 0 0 in anim pain, long delay to show the text.

nice, i will try this.

2- Shaft die but the lighting and fire does not stop
-- You can make the lighting and fire stop if they are spawn from Shaft. Input summonkill 2 for Shaft

it's a command i should give in shaft death anim? i don't find it in the manual.

Found something weird:
1 - The platform cannot be stand on after player move right then return to the left
-- Are you use type none to spawn the platform? They will be remove if player's distance is higher than 2000.

i know, sigh. :teary_eyed: any advices to how to make them last even if player's distance is higer?

2 - Slogria & Gaibon, lifebar and death animation
-- Their lifebar is covering each other

i know, the real boss is supposed to be gaibon (the flying one), i'm thinking of remove the slogra lifebar at all.
for the death anim, any tricks to spam another death anim when he's beaten on the ground?

My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 07:54:45 am »
Alright! Thanks to God, I finally managed to finish this demo. Impressive I should say, although enemies are not.

Nice village level, nice tutorials. The girl giving attack commands makes howtoplay redundant IMO. You should choose one between these two.

in the final release, it will not be anymore a tutorial, instead the villagers will give ints on the next level or pieces of story.

Couple stuffs:
1. Try spawning black panthers offscreen. They are too close to spawn in. The case would be different if they are already spawned and are waiting for heroes to come.

check.

2. Don't give long spawn animation for heroes. 'makeinv' is enough.

check.

3. Rather than giving backward dodge as Alucard's slide, you should set that as his dodge move activated by pressing attack2 or attack3 button.

i don't know, it's is dash anyway.

4. Enemies should not use PAIN anymore. Give all of them 'nopain 1' and 'nodrop 2'. You can use script for the blink effect when they take damage.

i'm totally negate for scripts. any help?

5. It's nice to see wide area but some parts are best seperated:
- Machine room should be seperated from previous room (4th stage)
- Inner rooms and outdoors should be seperated (3rd and 5th stage)

how?

6. That is also useful to prevent archers and bone pillars to shoot before they are even onscreen.

check.

7. Set walls will you? :). I can't tell which walls are passable or not.

thank you!

8. Most bosses are fine except for the Slogra and Gaibon which are just too stupid to fight in arena with platforms. Cerberus should jump higher.

check.

9. Be consistent with enemy's name placement. Regular enemy's name is below but bosses' are above. Choose one.

it's a choice i've made to make different position for bosses and normal enemies' names.

10. It's OK for medusa to shoot petrifying ray but if you want it to hit low also then either make the ray wide or make her shoot low.

check.

11. Oh yes, you should use 'stun' and 'forcemap' for better petrify effect. These two will stone hero and also prevent him from breaking free with SPECIAL ;).

great, i will try this!

12. I don't like how you set broken stair before going to 5th stage boss. It's hard to tell if running jump is sufficient to pass the gap.

running jump is not sufficient to pass, after the jump you must perform the D,U+JUMP special to pass.

13. Bat and medusa head spawns should be controlled by a spawner entity instead of 'group'. This way, they will always be spawned like in original game.

any hints to how to do this?

14. Thrown bone offset is wrong. You can see it clearly when it touches ground.

check. also there's a way to make it not subject to platforms? i've tried with the apposite command (subject_to_platform) but without results.

15. Alucard's running attack is really bad IMO, it's not even good for freespecial. His ground Up,Down,Forward freespecial is even worse. It takes too long to shoot and he needs to teleport back too. Even worse, his shot is blockable and only lasts 1 second. I'm aware that it costs no MP but it doesn't make sense since Alucard has MP.

you think so? strange, because i think the running attack is even too strong to be... well, a running attack. :oops:

Anyways, I should give you thumb up for Shaft. That necromancer is surely kickass, took some time to figure out his pattern. Couple counterattack tricks are good enough to kick him to dust ;D ;D ;D.

thanks.

Some Axe Armors can't throw axes. Sometimes, the effect behind Simon is gone. Other times, other projectiles are missing too. I really don't understand why. Maybe it's engine bug.

same thing here. i don't know what's the cause.

I have unpacked this demo and fixed gaibon's, cerberus', slogra's and Frankie's AI. Wanna take a look?
 I'm aware that aerial Up,Down,Forward freespecial is cheap due to invincibility in the move but the fixed boss' AI will balance it ;) ;D.
 I'm going to work on Shaft now.

absolutely! you're to good, sir!  :cheers!:

While checking the pak, I noticed you didn't use script, unfortunately because of that, you made your life harder. Frankie's ground blast uses lots of frame while with script you could make it simpler. Gargoyle's and Shaft's drop wasted lots of frame. Even worse, you get the bug MCW mentioned above.
 Also, if you're in 16bit, there's no need to include global palette in entity's palette. You only need exact colors for entity's palette. No need to include projectile's colors either.

Lastly, no need to announce that this demo uses no script. Script is part of engine not some kind of virus. You really need script to make this mod perfect.

i know script is very useful, sorry, maybe i was misunderstood, the meaning of what i've vritten about scripts it's that i'm not good at all with them! :(

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:14:49 am by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 07:58:39 am »
This is a nice demo. I have pretty much the same things to say as Bloodbane, so I won't beat a dead horse.

I will reiterate though there were several cases you made your life much harder then it had to be. One or two lines of script could have saved some serious workaround time, not to mention made the module more efficient and killed a few bugs to boot.

One thing that I do like is how you really tried to make the characters unique, especially Alucard. The moves you included for him are as Bloodbane said, about as useful as they were in SOTN (as in, not at all), but still fun to play with. Perhaps you could give him some of the the more pragmatic SOTN attacks, like say the Ice Blade charge attack. Even better, how about adding in his shape changing or summoning his familiars? That would help balance him out against the more combat proficient Belmonts, so long as they had some limits (screen time and MP use).

i think that all this can be done with scripts, right? too bad i've no idea how even to start with them. i'm not into programming, so this is what i liked about openbor in the first time, it was easy enough to program even for a absolutely noob like me! :blushing:

Personally I never liked Simon's remixed look; in fact I had an idea for a Simon's quest remake, and in it I would have used Richter's sprite with the tunic remapped to red. But here the Simon sprite works by making him stand out.

sob, personally i adore his remixed look!

Richter is Richter. He looks great and animates very well.

The graphics in general are probably this demo's strong suit. It's not as advanced nor has the depth that BonusJZ's effort does, but its much cleaner and less pixelated. To me that makes it a better looking game. You just need to spruce up the mechanics a bit and you'll have a gem!

DC

thanks sir! :cheers!:
My current project:

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 08:00:53 am »
wow i didn't expect so much feedback, from the masters of openbor too! thanks a lot everyone of you guys, this is why i absolutely adore this community! it's like an happy island into an ocean of... well you know what! :blushing:
My current project:

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 02:09:48 am »
i'm totally negate for scripts. any help?

Well, check the fixed version then.

how?

Simply by splitting them visually and technically. Make levels shorter like in original games.

any hints to how to do this?

I haven't tried it TBH but the spawner detects spawned enemies and respawns if any is dead.

also there's a way to make it not subject to platforms? i've tried with the apposite command (subject_to_platform) but without results.

Hmmm... maybe you could just spawn it as normal entity with attackbox in its IDLE.

you think so? strange, because i think the running attack is even too strong to be... well, a running attack.

Try activating bbox in Alucard's running attack ;).

Alright, here's the fixed version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255608379/LoDFix.rar.html

I changed boss fight order. If you want to see more bosses, play Boss Rush mode. Be careful, they are tougher than before.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:16:26 am by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline Vyck_St.Judas

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00:41 pm »
hey think you could use this character ive been working on him on and off i think it might fit here.

if you can use the character here id be very grateful indeed.
also working on darkmanx's contravania thing and my own project, very busy bee.
lastly pertaining to this mod, a backdash should probably be standard fare in a cv game by now.
maybe using the other buttons like in bonusjz mod. otherwise fixed or not its my favorite mod to date.

Offline BurnKing

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:33 am »
well done pierwolf everything u do is great full of hard work  :cheers!:
Fight Night Champ

Mods: BurnKingdom Chapter One
         Marvel Super Heroes
         Guardian Heroes: WarPath

WIP:   BurnKingdom Chapter Two

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:45 am »
Agreed!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 01:08:07 am »
 Soo anyone else tried the fixed version I posted above? Still waiting for Pierwolf's response.

BTW Nice work Vyck, nice raging storm :laughing:.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 02:24:45 am »
Checking it out now...

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 07:08:02 am »
Alright, here's the fixed version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255608379/LoDFix.rar.html

I changed boss fight order. If you want to see more bosses, play Boss Rush mode. Be careful, they are tougher than before.

downloading now! :cheers!:

also great sprite edit, Vyck!
My current project:

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal