Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 68
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Final Fight DC - alteration by MCW  (Read 27220 times)

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
Re: Final Fight DC - alteration by MCW
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 07:09:47 pm »
I thank you for all your comments but I am very sad.

:'( Does anyone play the previous original game and compare it with this new one?

:(  Guess my alteration was that bad?

But I will try my best to fix it better, for movement.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:35:55 pm by MCW »

Be a Good Reader,
Read the post from first word until to the last.

Offline Fightn Words

• Confectionary Country of the Nin-Nin
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 11:59:04 pm »
I don't think anyone hates you're game- in fact Ive heard just as much good as bad. It's just constructive criticism. Try not to take it so personally.

Offline Gabo-Hanzo

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 11:05:03 pm »
Turn the caps lock off and type like a normal person. This is a friendly warning.

DC

"like a normal person"
I do not have problem in turn off caps locks, but I find that only it is enough to ask for it cordial and not calling "abnormal", I believe that you must get improved in what you try to say, since I would not say it to you that way...

The good communication lives ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:07:56 pm by Gabo-Hanzo »
DOUBLE DRAGON GAIDEN(REVOLUTION 3)

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 12:12:50 am »
Gabo, use of all caps when posting is almost universally seen as rude, stupid, distracting, and just an all around an unwelcome sight. It's not an accident, and it's not the result of translation or language issues, it was a willful decision and one that you knew better not to do since your firsts posts were not that way.

You are never going to get a good reaction from doing those kinds of things unless the forum has no posting standards what so ever, and this one certainly does. You were treated more then fairly; nobody called you names or made a personal attack, and the warning was informal. Drop the subject and quit while you are still ahead; there are better things to get worked up about. To avoid hijacking the thread, any further posts regarding this matter will be treated as spam and removed.

Back on topic, MCW, no one is against what you did. Like I said myself, your alterations allowed me to play past the first level for the first time in many attempts, and you defiantly breathed new life into a bad module made on a tired concept. There are lot of rough spots though, and we are just pointing those out to help you improve. Keep at it.

DC
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:32:54 am by Damon Caskey »
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline Mr.Q®

• The Godfather of Modding
    • Sing Lung Iquique
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 03:36:30 pm »
Forgot to say sth...you forced widescreen on this one? if you're forcing it, please fix the spawning coords so they just don't fall from the sky. :cheers!:
Q (L) Reika, and BTW, no more mr. "Nice Guy".

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 04:01:38 pm »
Forgot to say sth...you forced widescreen on this one? if you're forcing it, please fix the spawning coords so they just don't fall from the sky. :cheers!:

I did not turn on the force mode, I actually made them fall from the sky because the enemies would not fall from sky anymore by default.

Be a Good Reader,

Offline dai92

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 05:19:54 pm »
Hi guys im new here great site  ;D i just downloaded this mod and the new double dragon one but can,t seem too get either of the two running on windows can u please help im using openbor_win 2.0.0.50 thanks (everything else iv tryed runs perfect tho)
EDIT-Got it going now i just got the latest version of openbor and everythings fine silly me lol great mod keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:41:34 pm by dai92 »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 01:40:39 pm »
I guess I should clear one thing here.

The other major issue is enemy difficulty.  The enemies in this game are just way too easy; I was able get up to 26 lives when I played through the original mode.  When I did die, it was usually because I was using desperation moves left and right just to get through the levels faster.

If you are using the latest OpenBoR, enemy's default aggression is lower than before or I should say lower than BoR's. That means if no aggression level is set, enemy would be so easy.

Even if you're in their attack range, they might pause for some time before attacking. This allows player to see their idle animation before attacking.

One simple (and necessary IMO) fix that would improve this game a lot would be to give your enemies 'escapehits'.  Right now you can just spam your attack1 and kill any enemy without any problems:

That's not a bad idea although if you want variation, there's another simple way.
 Ever wonder why in Capcom brawlers, it's hard or maybe impossible to do infinites? (I haven't tried it in all games frankly) The reason behind that is enemies finish their pain animation by the time hero finish attacking with any part of combo. The ones who doesn't knock down that is.

In short, you could ban infinites by giving quick pain to enemies. There's a technique to measure how quick it should be but it's too technical.
 Another way to ban infinites is by making combo attack slower. At least it takes longer to finish before going back to idle. This however also change player's stats so if you mind, use quick pain instead.

I think the bottom line is this:  Lots of enemies with lots of health doesn't make up for the fact that they can't fight back. 

I hope the lots of health was not for increasing difficulty. From my experience, health has no effect to difficulty. The only way it would is if there's time limit. Another way is enemy's attack is HP based.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:42:49 pm by Bloodbane »
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline kbandressen

• Developer
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 02:43:47 pm »
If you are using the latest OpenBoR, enemy's default aggression is lower than before or I should say lower than BoR's. That means if no aggression level is set, enemy would be so easy.

This is true; I just checked the paxploded files and there isn't any aggression set that I can see.  Aggression would help a lot with the difficulty!

That's not a bad idea although if you want variation, there's another simple way.
 Ever wonder why in Capcom brawlers, it's hard or maybe impossible to do infinites? (I haven't tried it in all games frankly) The reason behind that is enemies finish their pain animation by the time hero finish attacking with any part of combo. The ones who doesn't knock down that is.

In short, you could ban infinites by giving quick pain to enemies. There's a technique to measure how quick it should be but it's too technical.
 Another way to ban infinites is by making combo attack slower. At least it takes longer to finish before going back to idle. This however also change player's stats so if you mind, use quick pain instead.

This is a good idea too!  I think the best solution would be to use different combinations of techniques for each type of enemy so they each behave a little differently (so strategies will work well against some enemies but not others).

Manny Santiago

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:40 am »
I played this mod and it felt kinda "slow" for me. I amazed with the levels used and I have yet to experience "stage branching" so its too early for me to make a full review.

Some animations need speeding up to make it look better. That's all I have to say for this mod.

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:55 am »
This was especially frustrating when I fought Rolento, as he's one of my favorite characters from SFA3.  I want to see him roll backwards and leave a grenade for anyone who would dare to try such tactics against him!

Lots of enemies with lots of health doesn't make up for the fact that they can't fight back.

Your wish is granted, Rolento can roll back and give  you a grenade.

Thank you for BloodBane idea in aggression setting, all the enemies is not a punching bag anymore! They will fight back!

Be a Good Reader,

Offline kbandressen

• Developer
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 01:47:05 am »
 :cheers!:

Cool, once you release an updated version I'll be sure to try it out!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:50:11 am »
 Actually I was saying that current's default aggression setting makes enemies take longer to attack. This is not how it works in previous version.

About escapehits, I think the counter resets if enemy play IDLE making it vulnerable to infinites. It still works if we attack rapidly though.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline Gabo-Hanzo

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2007, 03:24:24 am »
Some engine exists openbor to play this game in dreamcast since it(he,she) uses the openbor v2.1015, but it did not work...
I will be grateful for any information
DOUBLE DRAGON GAIDEN(REVOLUTION 3)

Offline MCW

• BOR = Beats Of Rage
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 12:59:01 am »
Here is the new link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/62144131/Final_Fight_DC-MCW.rar

SumolX, can you upload it again and recopy the details at the 1st post because there are some wrong information have been corrected. Thank you in advance.

EDIT
Sorry, I have fix something else more. The link have been change.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:35:54 pm by MCW »

Be a Good Reader,

0%

mighty
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal