Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 168
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

Should characters have unique stats? Example: Fighter has 170 HP/0 MP, Black Mage has 80 HP/230 MP. Currently, all characters have 100 HP/MP.

Yes, it will balance the game and create special roles for each character!
10 (76.9%)
No, it will only increase the gap in character balance, and make some characters useless!
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17  (Read 6192 times)

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
Re: ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.0
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:34 am »
just a quick reply, i don't have much time. i just want to say: Go on like this, Nick! i absolutely adore this demo!  :cheers!: :cheers!: :cheers!:
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 12:21:02 am »
 Here you go Nick, attached below is addition I made to show Dragoon move and Archer's downward shooting.

Dragoon's jump is activated by D U A and after he jumps, you can move him with direction keys.
 Archer's downward shoot is accessed with Down+Attack while jumping so it doesn't change her arrow rain ;).
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 07:31:52 am »
I just want to say I like this mod - a lot! - even though I didn't play enough of it. Nothing personal, it's just Diablo has been feeding on my soul lately...  :nervous:

Offline NickyP

• You know, that guy with the pet drum?
    • Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »
Here you go Nick, attached below is addition I made to show Dragoon move and Archer's downward shooting.

Dragoon's jump is activated by D U A and after he jumps, you can move him with direction keys.
 Archer's downward shoot is accessed with Down+Attack while jumping so it doesn't change her arrow rain ;).

Ah, sweet! Thanks Bloodbane, I'll add those in right away!  ;D

I just want to say I like this mod - a lot! - even though I didn't play enough of it. Nothing personal, it's just Diablo has been feeding on my soul lately...  :nervous:

Don't worry about it, at least you gave it a chance. That alone is enough for me.  :)

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 03:38:53 am »
Added Bloodbanes updates! I sped up the down shot animation for Archer, because it took to long for the arrow to shoot. Now it's better though.

So I've been thinking... I might want to change the second boss theme, aka the boss theme that plays when you fight a monster boss (giant slime, etc). So, why not help me choose?

Option 1 (the current theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMaYc7vN9U

Option 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipkdjfo-p5s

Option 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPZqUQy4Ns

... And my mind is drawing a blank. I can't think of any other options at the moment. But yeah.

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 04:55:36 am »
Option 1 seems the best IMO, it's the most epic and fantasy sounding, the other two are kinda too modern/electro, sound more like street fighter than a fantasy game score.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:23 am »
I played it some more yesterday, and it's really good!

One thing I'd like to mention is I had the easiest time playin with the Archer but I died horrible, frustrating, deaths with the Thief. Attack range and speed are king in this game.

I liked the Red Mage the most. Looking forward to the BlackMage. :)

By the way, I suggested something for Pierwolf's KnD:EQ that would be even more appropriate here: random encounters! Invisible "levels" moving around in the world map, surprising the player!

>:D

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:29 am »
but I died horrible, frustrating, deaths with the Thief.

Has anyone else found the Thief to be the suckiest character? I swear I didn't plan it like that; he's supposed to be the speedy guy. But even I noticed in my own tests that he's bottom tier... guess I should consider reinventing him too.

By the way, I suggested something for Pierwolf's KnD:EQ that would be even more appropriate here: random encounters! Invisible "levels" moving around in the world map, surprising the player!

Believe me beto, nobody, and I mean nobody, wants random battles in this mod as much as I do. Hell, if I knew how to make random battles, I'd probably abandon this mod for a proper RPG. But as it stands, I really don't know how to do it. Or rather, I do, but I don't know how to make it good.

Bloodbane is the reason why you go back to the map on the same spot as where you left off. ClaFan utilizes a script that tells the game where you should respawn on the map, while you're on the rewards stage ("thanks for saving me, here's a 1up" etc). The problem with random encounters is... how would I make them random? Ok, so they are invisible levels moving around that bump into you and start a fight... you warp to the fight, win, and then what? Where do I spawn you? At the moment, I have no idea how to "capture" your last spawn point before warping to the fight... I only know how to tell you where to respawn afterwards. And that difference alone is what prevents me from making an action JRPG on OpenBOR.

As a consolation prize, I created the survival stages on the maps (gray markers). They serve as your "random battles"... complete with a battle theme from Tales of Rebirth, no less.

Offline erf_beto

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 08:05:21 am »
I noticed the gray quests look a lot like random battles. I had no idea about the respawn issue. Not a modder  :blushing:

But i guess script can make that work - what can't it make work? Wash the dishes and throw the trash, I guess... ;)

Probably something about storing a variable with the (x,y) position to send the player back too.

Regarding the Thief, yes, the speed helps, specially when you play him right after the Dwarf! But when you are being overrun with monsters, his limited attack range overshadows his speed. Just my opinion (or play-style), other people may have different thoughts.

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 12:55:26 am »
 There is a way to store previous location and come back there if you'd like to buuut... I agree with Nick, I dislike random encounter as well. Very annoying! I rather come back to previous maps and meet same enemies in same spot than getting random encounter. That way I can choose, which enemy I'd like to beat.

If you want randomity, it's best to randomize gray map locations or the enemies in there (or in any dungeons, on 2nd thought).

I suggested something for Pierwolf's KnD:EQ that would be even more appropriate here:

Well my suggestion is that certain quests or dungeons are only open after talking to certain ppl. It makes towns more interesting.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 01:09:03 am »
I recall some genesis action/platformer game(blade of vengeance) which contains various secret room just hides the rooms off-screen.
In another word, the rooms are also on the same map. Once you enter a "door", you are actually warped to that position. So after you come back, the game doesn't have to restore the states of the treasure chests and enemies.

Though the game has a straight forward level set so there's no question like "what if you replay current stage".

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 01:47:33 am »
 Forgot to reply to this.

Added Bloodbanes updates! I sped up the down shot animation for Archer, because it took to long for the arrow to shoot. Now it's better though.

Glad you can do it yourself. Actually you can have her shoot more arrows if you'd like. Just copy @cmd shooter2 ... and paste it in same frame or other frame and you'll have another arrow. Set different speed (in z at least) to see the other arrow.

So, why not help me choose?

Option 1 (the current theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMaYc7vN9U

Option 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipkdjfo-p5s

Option 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPZqUQy4Ns

Hmmm... I prefer boss track from Riviera, it's serious and spiritful at same time. I always prefer such boss theme.

2nd theme is good but it's best for desperate moments (as title suggested).
 1st is too serious IMO as if the boss battle is very critical. If you have time limited situations, this theme might work.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline NickyP

• Personal OpenBOR site.
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 07:29:41 pm »
So I made two new characters, the White Mage and the Summoner.

White Mage: Can fully heal all players for 35 MP, and cast a barrier that will attack enemies just by walking close to them. She can't attack in the air though, and her attack combo is definitely bottom-tier.

Summoner: Very poor fighter, but all of his Chains summon an NPC that can fight for him.

Next I'll be working on the Black Mage.  ;D

Offline msmalik681

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 05:40:37 pm »
just tried your demo its nice and I'm sure you could have random battles using a random spawn script and invisible enemies.  Cant wait to play the completed version.

i would love to play another game like dragon view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBYEXI66xpQ&feature=related

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 01:10:51 am »
 BTW Nick, I noticed there are people in towns and castles. Are you planning them to talk or at least do something?
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal