Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 166
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

wich priest do you prefer?

21 (72.4%)
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R.  (Read 3838 times)

Offline utunnels

• Developer
Re: Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:47 pm »
Yeah, the dialogues are kinda hard to read for slow readers like me (bold + capital ).
Perhaps you can consider longer delay for the text entities and add a key script too kill them if someone doesn't want to press attack button repeatedly.

Offline darknior

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 07:55:44 pm »
Woaw ... so cool to see this great new game come :D
Thanks a lot

Offline bWWd

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »
Gameplay is great, to solve problems with block not working when someone attacks from behind  you should add "blockback   1" to character header and blocking works from any direction so enemies can attack you from behind and you still can block it.
I agree about too slow delay and too small velocity when walking and running but its a small problem, fighting is dynamic like it should be.

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 04:16:09 pm »
I have a suggestion here. When you go to any individual there to talk in the beginning of the first scene, do you think you can make them talk again even though if anyone couldn't understand or get what they say? Any individual only talks once and that's it, and then you move on. Looking at the non-fighting scene reminds me of playing an any type of RPG game.

if you can help me with some idea with this, i will gladly implement it.

EDIT: There's one thing I found. I don't know if I'm going to say this right, but the enemies, the goblins, throw rocks and shoot arrows at the character while he's falling in air and yes, that's juggling. I did try to jump and kick to them though.

actually if you have some MP left, you can press TAUNT button while you're falling, and you will cancel with a release attack.

Gameplay is great, to solve problems with block not working when someone attacks from behind  you should add "blockback   1" to character header and blocking works from any direction so enemies can attack you from behind and you still can block it.
I agree about too slow delay and too small velocity when walking and running but its a small problem, fighting is dynamic like it should be.

thanks for the blockback suggestion bwwd, i didn't know this command existed, time to upgrade my openbor manual i suppose!

anyway, has someone of you found the secret quest?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:19:01 pm by Pierwolf »
My current project:

Knights & Dragons: The Endless Quest - COMPLETE!

Offline zamuel

• Commercial
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 07:18:05 pm »
Overall it's very fun and maintains the visual consistency of your mods.  I liked the feeling of progression and the fact that even though this was "just" a demo, you still had the hidden ambush area.  Have a number of pieces of constructive criticism for the game from my playthrough.

-Having the Dojo is a good idea but I would handle the training dummy differently.  Rather than one guy with a lot of health, have an invisible entity that summons a singular enemy with only slightly above average health.  This gives you a better idea of how much damage you're doing to enemies so you can work out which combos are best.  This also prevents you from accidentally "beating" your practice mode due to killing the enemy since the invisible summoner is always there.  You may also want to add a respawning healing item and/or a way to level up in the Dojo so you can practice moves that require a higher level.

-I really dislike having a ton of stuff in the foreground.  It's technically a problem I have with a number of mods but I tend to not actively complain about it.  The main issue comes from screen space and visibility.

-As far as lockdowns and juggling, one way to solve it would be alter spawn placement.  As is, you tend to get surrounded by default with each new spawn.  Altering enemy placement would make positioning and blocking more useful on their own without having to burn meter with an Evade.  Projectiles are the bigger issue here and perhaps adding a juggle limit system or even adjusting the attacking range would help.  This would seem to be a better option than allowing guard to affect both directions.

-If possible, you may want to have the town cursor start on the lower right instead of the lower left.  The town in the lower right has the easiest quest while the town in the upper left has the most difficult non-final/hidden quest.  If moving the cursor's start position is not possible, you might want to simply move the towns.

-You might want to add a 500 XP bag of gold so that when you collect earnings you don't have to click quite so many.  On the topic of money, it's a nitpick but it it looks like the 50 XP bag is larger than the 100 XP bag.

-I agree with the concept of making the player choose between prioritizing enemy kills or loot collection.  However, I would suggest that boss death animations have slightly more delay.  This would help since the regular enemies don't die as soon as the boss does like other mods.

-I agree with many people's comments about speed and there's a number of ways to handle it.  A subtle global increase to player speed, slightly increase the speed of certain characters, or perhaps you could tie in speed increases and reduced recovery time to leveling up.
FOLH Progress
Primary game: Done!
Extra mode: Done!

Street Team: Reign of the Iron Dragon - http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6240.0.html

Offline utunnels

• Developer
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »
Yeah, the second guy's walk speed is a way too slow. Not just it affects gameplay, an extremely slow walker sometimes looks weird. Because openbor only gives 1/2 of your full speed in z direction, it looks like your character is struggling. A slow charcter doesn't need to be slow in anyway IMO. He's a hero after all. If he is slowed down dramatically by his own weapon, how does he manage to swing it? ;D

Offline Pierwolf

• Pierwolf's Magic chamber of abstract theories about relativity of Karma and metempsychosis
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »
Overall it's very fun and maintains the visual consistency of your mods.  I liked the feeling of progression and the fact that even though this was "just" a demo, you still had the hidden ambush area.  Have a number of pieces of constructive criticism for the game from my playthrough.

-Having the Dojo is a good idea but I would handle the training dummy differently.  Rather than one guy with a lot of health, have an invisible entity that summons a singular enemy with only slightly above average health.  This gives you a better idea of how much damage you're doing to enemies so you can work out which combos are best.  This also prevents you from accidentally "beating" your practice mode due to killing the enemy since the invisible summoner is always there.  You may also want to add a respawning healing item and/or a way to level up in the Dojo so you can practice moves that require a higher level.

yes i've in mind something like this, i will change the dojo mode completely in the final release.

-I really dislike having a ton of stuff in the foreground.  It's technically a problem I have with a number of mods but I tend to not actively complain about it.  The main issue comes from screen space and visibility.

well, this is a wiewpoint. i mean it's a forest, it's difficult to move inside it, don't you think?  :)

-If possible, you may want to have the town cursor start on the lower right instead of the lower left.  The town in the lower right has the easiest quest while the town in the upper left has the most difficult non-final/hidden quest.  If moving the cursor's start position is not possible, you might want to simply move the towns.

well but you'are not forced to go immediately in battle after you accept the quest; you can first open all the 3 quests, and then decide wich battle face first.

-You might want to add a 500 XP bag of gold so that when you collect earnings you don't have to click quite so many.  On the topic of money, it's a nitpick but it it looks like the 50 XP bag is larger than the 100 XP bag.

i've done this way because if there are 2 players, they can divide the reward bethween them. and other than this, it's more cool for me to see a lot of bags of money to grab :)

-I agree with the concept of making the player choose between prioritizing enemy kills or loot collection.  However, I would suggest that boss death animations have slightly more delay.  This would help since the regular enemies don't die as soon as the boss does like other mods.

-I agree with many people's comments about speed and there's a number of ways to handle it.  A subtle global increase to player speed, slightly increase the speed of certain characters, or perhaps you could tie in speed increases and reduced recovery time to leveling up.

Yeah, the second guy's walk speed is a way too slow. Not just it affects gameplay, an extremely slow walker sometimes looks weird. Because openbor only gives 1/2 of your full speed in z direction, it looks like your character is struggling. A slow charcter doesn't need to be slow in anyway IMO. He's a hero after all. If he is slowed down dramatically by his own weapon, how does he manage to swing it? ;D

i will think about this.

thanks a lot for the feedback, guys!  :cheers!:
My current project:

Offline maxman

• I'm a slowpoke in speed.
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:10 pm »

well but you'are not forced to go immediately in battle after you accept the quest; you can first open all the 3 quests, and then decide wich battle face first.

I think he's talking about the starting point where you always start from lower left instead of lower right, and the number of the level difficulty. Maybe you can change direction to leftright in a level text for map and probably starting from right for difficulty.
Dragon Duo (W.I.P./Outdated demo (2010 version)) (in progress)
Captain Commando (in progress)
Unelmia: Dreamers' Fate (collaborating with contress/taskmaster) (in progress)

Best OpenBOR mods:Spoiler
1. World Heroes Supreme Justice
2. Golden Axe Myth
3. Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III
4. A Tale of Vengeance
5. Valdivia Ransom City (demo)
6. Sega Brawlers Megamix
7. Super Fightin Spirit
8. Angel-0

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 03:44:28 am »
i've done this way because if there are 2 players, they can divide the reward bethween them. and other than this, it's more cool for me to see a lot of bags of money to grab :)
Wouldn't it be possible to set more money to spawn for each active playing? You can set a row of 8 bags, and another spawn really close to each bad for each player, and then, if their fair about it, can grab one bag from each pile.

x)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:48 pm »
I have a suggestion here. When you go to any individual there to talk in the beginning of the first scene, do you think you can make them talk again even though if anyone couldn't understand or get what they say? Any individual only talks once and that's it, and then you move on. Looking at the non-fighting scene reminds me of playing an any type of RPG game.

My suggestion is to make NPCs invincible to all attacks then spawn dialogues on their PAIN animation. This way, when player 'talk' to them, they won't be killed and instead play PAIN and spawn the dialogue. After PAIN is over, they return to IDLE allowing them to be 'talked' again.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:43 am »
That's how I've made doors in doom mod.

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 05:20:19 am »
and how I made npc's talk on my mod  :)

i liked the area clear concept, and i think that this way add a little strategy; take everything before times up, but i will think about this.
It's good, but you could gie a little bit more delay, the area finish too soon

Offline Yagami Brando

• http://www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:50 am »
Very interesting idea, Pierwolf! I'm so craving to play as gunner again lol)
Actually I was not able to play DNF online normally (because they ip ban non-american players).
So - good luck with this mod, can't wait till it's fully done ;)
P.S. by the way - your castlevania mod is still alive or you gave up on it? just askin'
"In a battle, there is no such word as under-handed."

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 02:33:56 pm »

My suggestion is to make NPCs invincible to all attacks then spawn dialogues on their PAIN animation. This way, when player 'talk' to them, they won't be killed and instead play PAIN and spawn the dialogue. After PAIN is over, they return to IDLE allowing them to be 'talked' again.

i know this method, i've already experimented it before, but doing this way means i've to do a separate npc for every dialogue. but more important, doing the way you suggest doesn't give the player the xp for talking with the npc (or give it too much, it depends how you set the score command).

Very interesting idea, Pierwolf! I'm so craving to play as gunner again lol)
Actually I was not able to play DNF online normally (because they ip ban non-american players).
So - good luck with this mod, can't wait till it's fully done ;)
P.S. by the way - your castlevania mod is still alive or you gave up on it? just askin'

the castlevania mod will see the light, one day... but not in the immediate future.  :)
My current project:

Offline Pierwolf

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
added pool, please vote!
you will decide the priest avatar for this game!
My current project:

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal