Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 157
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: MixMasters V0.53a  (Read 41130 times)

Offline Die_In_Fire

• Where eagles dare!
Re: MixMasters V0.03
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 11:15:16 am »
on the first screen, when you choose "difficulty up" or "down" plus "health buy" and stage select... when I go to the end of that select stage, I fight a Galford, and then when I go back, the branch for stages 1 and 2, and the buy health plus difficulty up nd down, dissapear... maybe have something to do with the offscreekill command...

nice characters, only bad that Darth Maul doesn't use the lightsaber often

Offline MatMan

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »
@nocturnus
wowwwwwwww !!! but how can i play with this game?

just unzip and run "openbor.exe" under windows.
I'm not sure if other platforms (psp, linux etc) can run bor games when there unpakked (be surprised if they don't).

On what platform are you trying to run the game?

@Die_In_Fire
Yeah, i knew about that problem and I just learned about offscreenkill command this weekend and will be implemented on next release.

nice characters, only bad that Darth Maul doesn't use the lightsaber often
That would be pretty cool having him sheeoowing all day :)

I tried to have all playable characters to be as different as possible and also have different strengths and weaknesses so that they can also be usefull during multi-play and they can take a while to learn how to play properly as well, especially bloodrayne.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:08:47 pm by MatMan »

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:27 pm »
Game works with "OpenBOR v3 3335" now :cheers!:
I just tried it at home and it still crashes. The Log said it couldn't compile the script. I know you said to erased the save file and I did, so was there anything else?

X)

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:49 am »
 Same here :(. Here's the log:

Loading scripts..............   
Script compile error in 'level': cmp8 line 1072, column 4

********** An Error Occurred **********
*            Shutting Down            *

Can't compile script!
Total Ram: 938651648 Bytes
 Free Ram: 479739904 Bytes
 Used Ram: 13160448 Bytes

Release level data...........   Done!
Release graphics data........   Done!
Release game data............

Release game data............   Done!
Release timer................   Done!
Release input hardware.......   Done!
Release sound system.........   Done!
Release FileCaching System...   Done!

**************** Done *****************

Can't compile script!
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

OpenBoR Tricks & Tutorials

"The more often enemies attack, the more open they are to counter attacks"

Offline MatMan

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 12:10:46 am »
EDIT...

V 0.04
------
Added animations to a few stages.
Few changes here and there.
Items in the main stage shouldn't disappear anymore.
fixed a script bug in v 0.03

get it at http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item306
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:36:51 am by MatMan »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
Re: MixMasters V0.04
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 12:44:53 am »
 I've played this demo abit. At 1st impression, it's more like mixed mod hence the name. There are still newbie bugs such as missing landframe and wrong bbox.

Dunno if this is bug or not but did you not set hitflashes or something? Attacks seems 'vain' without these little effects.

For your time out problem, have you set settime 0?

I'm going to try this mod more. I only tried Darth Maul so far.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline MatMan

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 07:59:24 am »
When i started I added the landframe and bounce but for some reason they never worked (didn't try all that hard to figure out why though) so I kinda left it but yes I will definitely will add that later on.

As for the bbox's, there are no bbox error's in the game. They are and where designed to be the way they are at the moment and most likely not to change.

I did add the settime 0 to v 0.04 but never really tested but it did seem to work but left it in as known bug.

There is alot of refinement to come but I would say as for now the game is about getting to know how to play the character's, the repeatability  and mass murder....once you start going to the harder levels.  

edit...

If anyone wants to quickly enable a default flash goto the models.txt file and uncomment the "#load   Flash      data/chars/misc/flash.txt".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:10:10 am by MatMan »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »
 I was referring to Haohmaru. It's funny that I can combo him infinitely with Darth Maul's combo (I didn't intend to). It seems Haohmaru's bbox in PAIN is shorter than in his IDLE allowing the next attack to 'miss'.

BTW is there supposed to be some loading or something when enemy is spawned? I keep getting pauses while playing the game.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline MatMan

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 04:19:05 am »
I was referring to Haohmaru. It's funny that I can combo him infinitely with Darth Maul's combo (I didn't intend to). It seems Haohmaru's bbox in PAIN is shorter than in his IDLE allowing the next attack to 'miss'.

Yeah i need to fix him up (his bbox's are fine but his timings are off) as I spend very little time on him, most probably the least out of all the enemies. I quickly put him together and didn't do much testing on him. He also has an annoying thing where looks like his flying at you which looks like a begging of a major attack and then just stops, not entirely sure whats going on there but will do something about it.

BTW is there supposed to be some loading or something when enemy is spawned? I keep getting pauses while playing the game.

The way i've done it at the moment is that when the enemy gets generated then he gets loaded into memory which causes the delay however once they are loaded they never get removed from memory so after a stage or two there will be no more delays at all.

I did it this way for now because every time I added a new enemy i had to place a load command in a few entity files and It was allways causing a crash because I forgot to add him in one of the few entity files that needed it which caused more agro moments than is legally aloud.

The simplest solution for now is to change the know command in the models file to load for all enemies, if the small delays ingame bother people to much but that means a long startup delay and while i'm still developing this mod that's a big no no for me.

edit...
I forgot to mention, figuring out how to do infinite combo's is a important thing to know how todo in this game (it won't make you invincible). In the beginning of the game it might make it real easy (but what game isn't if you know how to play it) but on the more difficult levels its a must but has to be timed and executed properly but you still need to be carefull about it. The game does change and reacts differently the better you become.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:12:40 am by MatMan »

Offline Bloodbane

• Dark Dragon
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »
 You are correct about the enemy's reaction. I did spot some enemy's changes. Great work!

I wish to see 3D attacks from enemies though since it's common and boring in mods to see: hard stage=lots of enemies.
OpenBoR Manual

Basic OpenBoR Tutorials

Offline MatMan

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »
You are correct about the enemy's reaction. I did spot some enemy's changes. Great work!

:cheers!: Looking into make more variety. Ps! finishing alot of stage makes even more variety.

Finally looked into defense and attack which will make a nice difference to the game....just need to figure it out cause it ain't working for me tried the wiki, and checked the source code which show's one parameter that is missing in the wiki and I get a successful return but nothing changed.

I wish to see 3D attacks from enemies though since it's common and boring in mods to see: hard stage=lots of enemies.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 3D attacks. If you'r talking about attacks with variant depths then I do have that. Perhaps an example?

Ps, Its not just more enemy that is different, its a few things but still looking into more things to add.
Pssszzzzzzzzzzz, this is where knowing how to play the characters makes a huge difference because the more enemy's there are and if you know how to combo real(among other things) well then you can actually kill them ALOT faster even though they have more health. one of the features is the higher your combo you do the more damage you do, this and a few other things are all ready implemented.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:28:53 pm by MatMan »

Offline Damon Caskey

• The Gorge
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »
He means lateral attacks, as in attacking along the Z plane.

DC
OpenBOR Wiki.

Coming Soon:
Spoiler
Fatal Fury Chronicals

Offline MatMan

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 07:40:43 pm »

DC

Bloody marvelous, didn't even think of that. Will look into it and see how I can add it into my mod.  ;D

Ps, that depth sizing looks pretty cool. I take it is some scripting behind that?

Offline DJGameFreakTheIguana

• Credit to Vyck_St.Judas, Edited by me.
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »
Yo Matman. Played your mod last night. It's cool how you got the enemies to spawn at random, but I have to ask, was there no other way to implement this feature without making the mod pause for a while? Maybe spawning an invisible entity that spawns a random enemy and then kill itself? Just spit baling here.

Another thing I've noticed that it's kinda complicated to play. I mean half the time my hits aren't landing, and rayne's running attack sends enemies away with no type of pain or falling animations.

I will continue playing this later on though to see how it turns out, and I think I'd really like to add a few characters here, if you don't mind of course.  :)

Another good example is Mr.X's constant shooting with his tommy gun from streets of rage.

X)

Offline MatMan

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 07:53:56 pm »
was there no other way to implement this feature without making the mod pause for a while?

I posted a answer to this a few post back in this forum.  :oops:

Another thing I've noticed that it's kinda complicated to play. I mean half the time my hits aren't landing, and rayne's running attack sends enemies away with no type of pain or falling animations.
Yeah that was fixed the throwing problem this week Saturday passed. ;)

For the complicated part, its part of the design, I wanted replayability and part of the idea is that its gonna take a while to figure out how to play the characters properly, in the begening you pretty much get away with just normal hit hit hit and a special here and there but later on that just won't work, you can not use the same strategy of attack continually. Remember the game changes slowly but surely even if you just keep it on normal difficulty and also more stages will eventually be added.

I will continue playing this later on though to see how it turns out, and I think I'd really like to add a few characters here, if you don't mind of course.

I started adding a new playable character this weekend and his coming along nicely. Also very different from the others.

edit....

About the hits arn't landing, firstly all bbox's and attack box's are correct, i spend alot of time on those. what you might be having problems with is that some enemies have bigger z depth attacks(mostly big guys) than you so you have to work your'self to proper alignment to hit them which in my opinion is a bit more realistic.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:00:09 pm by MatMan »

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal