Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

What openbor you prefer: Double dragon,battletoads or final fight !? by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm]

what are your favorite games OpenBOR?! by lirexpatrio
[December 07, 2012, 07:09:46 pm]

Post Some Awesome Videos by maxman
[December 07, 2012, 05:51:39 pm]

Can @cmd playmusic "aaaa" 1 also increse music sound ? by BeasTie
[December 07, 2012, 05:24:38 pm]

Streets of Rage: Silent Storm by mtrain
[December 07, 2012, 03:45:05 pm]

Site will be down for maintenance on 12/8/2012 thru 12/10/2012 by Damon Caskey
[December 07, 2012, 07:42:42 am]

Cancelled SOR 3d Remake by riccochet
[December 07, 2012, 03:58:33 am]

Dungeon Fighter: B.O.R. by msmalik681
[December 07, 2012, 03:24:27 am]

[TUTORIAL] How to create 4 Games of OpenBOR in 1 CD (650 MB) by magggas
[December 06, 2012, 09:46:25 pm]

custknife by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 09:34:09 pm]

blockfx help by B.Kardi
[December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 pm]

street of age 4 hd by corradlo
[December 06, 2012, 01:41:36 pm]

ClaFan - Classic Fantasy ver 1.17 by soniczxblade
[December 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am]

Bug Archive by Bloodbane
[December 06, 2012, 02:00:44 am]

"Bio-Doom" and "Gears of Doom" by BulletBob
[December 05, 2012, 10:07:21 pm]

Contra Locked 'N' Loaded v2 by Bloodbane
[December 05, 2012, 09:39:43 pm]

Downloadable OpenBoR Manual by BeasTie
[December 05, 2012, 08:31:24 pm]

Having trouble testing changes by B.Kardi
[December 05, 2012, 03:05:53 pm]

DragonBall Absalon by msmalik681
[December 05, 2012, 02:52:13 pm]

[Hi-Res] Swamp by Vibrant
[December 05, 2012, 10:47:14 am]

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: GI JOE - Attack on Cobra Island  (Read 20609 times)

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
Re: GI JOE - Attack on Cobra Island
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 09:53:12 am »
Love your work, man!

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »
Thanks!
Here's a video playthrough of the main quest (most of it anyway;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9of4cVuJk8

I also wanted to mention that this game is for everyone, not just GI JOE fans.  Of course, if you grew up with GI JOE then you'll recognize a lot of the characters, vehicles, locations, music etc.
But I tried to introduce the story and villains so that even if you don't know anything about GI JOE, you'll come away from playing the game with an understanding of the mythology and who the villains are, and just what GI JOE is.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:34:14 pm by Count Monte »

Offline generalhawk59

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 01:50:50 am »
omg this game rocks :) I love it.. Will it work on the new ps vita? I played it on my pc and I love it :)

Offline nedflandeurse

• A.K.A. NED
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 05:29:57 am »
I also wanted to mention that this game is for everyone, not just GI JOE fans.  Of course, if you grew up with GI JOE then you'll recognize a lot of the characters, vehicles, locations, music etc.
But I tried to introduce the story and villains so that even if you don't know anything about GI JOE, you'll come away from playing the game with an understanding of the mythology and who the villains are, and just what GI JOE is.

It works!
Initialy, I'm not a GI JOE fan. (I was too young, so I can only remember few emblematic characters)
But the retro atmosphere of this mod just have no price!!
No problem to understand the story too! ;)

Offline STORMSHADOW__210

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 10:06:28 am »
Hello everybody,VERy cool site,i JOINED just to discuss this epic 0old school gi joe game!!! i have  a psp and i tried to download the beta version(couldnt wait lol ) and when i went to internest browser on my psp and entered this site it said "not enouph memory" and i was not allowed to navigate through this site to even get to the download game link.weird becauese i have quite a bit of free space on memory card.Any advice?

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 01:44:29 pm »
I'm not an expert on installing OpenBOR on PSP, but try this:
How to install, PSP:
1. Put openbor in your GAME folder
2. Put game pak in Paks folder. Openbor>Paks>(put pak here)

If you go to the downloads section on this site, you'll find games in .pak format.  Download one and test it to see if it's working.

We haven't put GI JOE: Attack on Cobra Island in PAK format yet, however if you've downloaded the beta version of the game from Mediafire, open the folder and you'll see an icon called 'makepak'.  Double click it and it will make the pak for you.  Then just follow the above and hopefully that will work.
And don't forget that we'll be releasing the final updated version of the game soon, in PAK format, and I'll put a mediafire link as well for the folks at Hisstank.

Offline Crimefighters2

• Double Dragon Advance, kicks ***.
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »
Well I beat it, Spoiler
And when Cobra commando escapes there is a "The end?"

Is there another stage? 80's Cobra Commander is so much cooler than the live action movie CC.

Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 03:21:19 pm »
Congratulations Crimefighters!  I think you're the first person to complete the game:)

So here's what we're currently putting into the final release (aside from bug fixes):

Spoiler
One more top secret level.  When you're inside the Cobra base on the Cobra Island mission, when you get to the hallway outside Cobra Commander's inner sanctum which has various rooms you can enter, Bloodbane is adding a couple more rooms.  Inside one of them is the M.A.S.S. Device (from the first GI JOE mini-series).  If you find it, AND beat the Cobra Island mission then it will open up the the Polar Base mission on the world map. 

The game will still work as it does now -- beating Cobra Island opens up the other bonus missions, and beating all of them (Polar Base excluded) gives you a message that you saved the world, and opens up the Escape From the Pit (as Cobra Commander) mission. 

When you complete a mission you can still replay it, but the map markers doesn't blink anymore (to show you which one's you still need to beat).

We will make it so after you beat the Pit, all the missions stay open and all the map markers will blink again.

Also, thanks to bulletndahead, we're adding Slice and Dice to the Silent Castle (with their own stage)

In the future, we'd love to add downloadable content and maybe have a contest to design a bonus mission for the game.  The cool thing about OpenBOR is that all the tools are there for anyone to design their own missions -- they can take any of the Cobra troops, vehicles etc and plug them into their own levels.  The Baroness would make a great playable character, since Prime Op made so many sprites for her (she was going to be a MUGEN character).

Offline Crimefighters2

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 03:45:55 pm »
Thanks Count theSpoiler
Cobra Commanders stage was really rough, esp the finale, but still pretty cool, great homages and refrences. His air grenade move is so mean though lol

Oh I'm loving the DLC idea, instead of re-downloading the whole pak with extra files I'd rather just dl a zip file with the extras.

It's true some mods are really great but only have a few stages, it be great if people just added a few extra stages to mods that are already great, more modders should try this.

Really loving the Baroness, Idea, such a cool sprite. And Spoiler
Lady Jane aka Jill is also quite complete def worth a shot, not to mention some others.
Play Crime Busters latest version, Nightslashers X, 8man and Return of Double Dragon.

Offline Count Monte

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »
Crimefighters,

I agree that the best way for downloadable content is a zip file with extras. 

The only concern I have about that is that a lot of people who play OpenBOR don't know how to actually use it -- meaning they'd have to copy and paste the new models into models.txt, and copy and paste the new characters into the characters folder, the new levels into levels.txt. 
I wish there was a way to make downloadable content plug and play user friendly...

Offline Crimefighters2

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 04:30:16 pm »
I'm not sure myself but a self extracting zip file exe with commands, that you run in the games directory or even folder?

Should be possible? Pretty sure I've done that before with other games, esp mods for PC games.

Offline mdd45

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 05:47:55 pm »
checked on wii with latest openbor and seems to work fine :)

Offline BeasTie

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 09:42:22 pm »
Crimefighters2 is quite right you could distribute DLC content this way, along with some tricky batch files you could probably automate borpak to extract the old .PAK replace files then re-PAK it also.

Offline leprechaun

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 01:15:03 am »
bestttttttttttttttt

Offline Raiden81

• The end is Near
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 08:39:11 pm »
Great game  :cheers!: Thanks for the nostalgia :)

0%

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal